Why Can't I Order A Macan GTS?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I don't understand.

They have face-lifted the Macan so why are they not selling all derivatives of the Macan?

Do they not consider that customers will look at other manufacturers or are they not that bothered?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

I am sure others will jump in with thier comments but I am guessing you are fairly new to the Porsche brand.

All or most models that Porsche launches goes through a cycle.

The base model, S, Turbo, GTS, Turbo plus or special editions.

This is the cycle of release. All Porsche fans know this and plan gjier purchases accordingly.

So i guess a person has these options. either wait for the GTS(worth it)or buy the previous generation GTS or buy the models launched or go for a different manufacturer if one does not like Porsche's approach.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Porsche always wish to protect residuals and therefore 'starve' the market by releasing new or face-lift models slowly. They, I believe, don't care if a buyer goes elsewhere as they will sell all they can produce. Bazza, have you been knocked back totally? Would they not even take a deposit?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Bazza,

As above, the “old” GTS was launched a good couple of years into the life cycle first time round. I rekon we’ll see a late ‘19 / early ‘20 launch for deliveries in Q2 2020......(unless WLTP emmissions and / or Brexit don’t get us first!😂)

What did you replace SD with ? Will that go a bit longer ?
Last edited by Paul on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Good points as always, thank you guys.

I had ordered an Audi S5 as an in-between car which I was expecting last September but that never materialised, didn't even get built, and as the year proceeded Audi said it was unlikely to be built.

To this day you cannot configure an S5 on their website.

I was then going to order a Mercedes C43 but they cocked up the order 5 times so I decided to keep with the rental vehicle in the hope that the GTS would be released soon.

I did wonder whether Porsche had issues with WLTP as I'm sure that's why the S5 isn't available. I could be wrong.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

Bazza, I think the timing of the GTS is as above but I do also think a number of manufacturers have struggled with WLTP which is almost certainly why your S5 is unavailable.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I suspect that this is the iterative nature of Porsche engineering.

When I was a young engineer, Porsche were famous for changing the part numbers of many components every year! To repair anything was a treasure hunt and a challenge.

Nowadays, under VAG adult supervision, engineers are limited to part changes only to new models, so... they came up with new derivatives: S, GTS, Turbo, ... with every iteration squeezing more power, better handling and cool body kit.

Journos can rave about ‘brand new’ models, customers are happy to buy new cars, while Porsche has an extended vehicle life, everybody is happy.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
dragoshsd

Post by dragoshsd »

Going to be really pissed if the new GTS will be good looking :D So far the facelift gives me absolutely no envy,
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I’m assuming it would look the same as the facelift?
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bazza06 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 pm I’m assuming it would look the same as the facelift?
I’m assuming so, with the full sport design package / black wheels etc in keeping with the other GTS derivatives....👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465