Porsche registrations down 42% in January

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Paul wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:34 am
Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 am BP do the same. Fill up and pay on the app while in your car.

Driveaway. It’s very easy and convenient.
..but not without a few funny stares from fellow “ cash paying” customers I’ll bet!
What is cash 😂

At least they can tell their friends how they watch people not paying for fuel and just drive off.
GTS 😀

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 pm Slightly off topic is this really interesting article...but along the same lines as above a very telling phrase part way down:

“With regulators and lawmakers, rather than customers, dictating what kind of vehicles can hit the road...”

https://apple.news/Ah8Nm-D21QRmsDiZ78wPwHQ
Interesting article Paul, thanks for posting it.

End of VW ICE development in 2026.

3 million EVs by 2025 which will still be only about 25% of their production.

Part of the article has written ......
A 500 km-range battery costs around $20,000, compared with a gasoline engine that costs around $5,000. Add to that another $2,000 for the electric motor and inverter, and the gap is even wider.
Which seems a bit odd, $20,000 for a battery pack is way different from Tesla which was only $12,000 for their battery pack.

It looks to me more like an evolution rather than a revolution.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:51 am
Paul wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 pm Slightly off topic is this really interesting article...but along the same lines as above a very telling phrase part way down:

“With regulators and lawmakers, rather than customers, dictating what kind of vehicles can hit the road...”

Interesting article Paul, thanks for posting it.

End of VW ICE development in 2026.

3 million EVs by 2025 which will still be only about 25% of their production.

Part of the article has written ......
A 500 km-range battery costs around $20,000, compared with a gasoline engine that costs around $5,000. Add to that another $2,000 for the electric motor and inverter, and the gap is even wider.
Which seems a bit odd, $20,000 for a battery pack is way different from Tesla which was only $12,000 for their battery pack.

It looks to me more like an evolution rather than a revolution.
Yes, interesting article. the only place I have seen summarised the extent the car firms are infringing the EU average ccg targets and the extra tax payments that generate. those tax penalties increase as the ccg targets get tighter and that will ultimately speed up the move to EV. At present in the UK, Ev can work reliably and conveniently for those you can charge at home and do less than 200 miles in a day. for the rest of us, the development of better support infrastructure especially in less populated areas of the country will decide the full takeup.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Semerka wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 am
MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:19 pm May not be a bad incentive when many filling stations are also now supermarkets " simply food et al " can do your weekly shop and charge your car at the same time! Queuing is okay we are British 😖
No need to queue to pay for fuel at the participating Esso stations. I pay through their Esso App on the smart phone. ;)
Shell and others probably have similar arrangements which I did not explore yet.
Just downloaded 3 of these Apps and note that Esso set a maximum £100 fill limit, BP I haven't spotted their limit yet but Shell are limited to £30?

Who puts £30 of fuel in at a time? That would entail trebling my (already hated) fuel station visits. :roll:
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

nsm3 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 am
Semerka wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 am
MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:19 pm May not be a bad incentive when many filling stations are also now supermarkets " simply food et al " can do your weekly shop and charge your car at the same time! Queuing is okay we are British 😖
No need to queue to pay for fuel at the participating Esso stations. I pay through their Esso App on the smart phone. ;)
Shell and others probably have similar arrangements which I did not explore yet.
Just downloaded 3 of these Apps and note that Esso set a maximum £100 fill limit, BP I haven't spotted their limit yet but Shell are limited to £30?

Who puts £30 of fuel in at a time? That would entail trebling my (already hated) fuel station visits. :roll:
Not sure where you got £30 from as shell limit is £150
https://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/shell- ... -faqs.html

BP limit £100
GTS 😀
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ £30 is the 'contactless' card limit. Perhaps that's the confusion?
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Ok, that makes sense - bear in mind I am sat at the kitchen table, not actually at the pumps.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Guy

Post by Guy »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 pm Saw the first ad on TV today by BP saying that they are putting EV chargers in their filling stations.
My local Esso was just re-vamped as BP. They've managed to squeeze in M&S Simply Food, Cashpoint, Jet-wash, WCs, Wild Bean Café, a small Subway, a variety of fuels at the eight pumps (Ultimate Diesel, Ultimate Unleaded, Diesel 'On' etc).

No sign of electric vehicle charging! Is this a Shropshire thing? :?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Guy wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:41 am
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 pm Saw the first ad on TV today by BP saying that they are putting EV chargers in their filling stations.
My local Esso was just re-vamped as BP. They've managed to squeeze in M&S Simply Food, Cashpoint, Jet-wash, WCs, Wild Bean Café, a small Subway, a variety of fuels at the eight pumps (Ultimate Diesel, Ultimate Unleaded, Diesel 'On' etc).

No sign of electric vehicle charging! Is this a Shropshire thing? :?
No. A new BP site near me has all the facilities you mention, except the ATM and Subway, but no EV charging. A brand new Shell site, 2 miles away opened today and incorporates a Budgens etc has no EV points either.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Interesting report indeed. But I would ignore anything "Deloitte analysts" have to say as their reports on EVs have consistently been to the standard of a primary school KS2 project (one that was started at 9 pm the day before it had to be handed in). Seriously, they either don't understand EVs or they have an hidden agenda. Probably both!