111point vehicle condition check

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Marksmacan

Post by Marksmacan »

Hi all I’m new to forum and looking for advice on the 111 point check prior to extending the warranty. My Macan S diesel is nearly three years old and has done 14k miles, so was wondering what exactly they do in the 111 point check. The car is mint and the only thing I have added is a set of Genuine 20” spyders replacing the 19” turbo wheels. Do I need to be aware of anything the dealer might throw up as extra work or is it just a routine check to see if the car is still original before taking out the extended warranty.

steve w

Post by steve w »

At that mileage and in it’s original spec you shouldn’t have any problems,what I would try and get out of the OPC is doing the 111 point check FOC as you’ll be spending best part of £2k for a 2 year extended warranty and road side assistance,some of the guys on the forum have managed this all depends on the dealership.
SteveW
Guy

Post by Guy »

Porsche Wolverhampton carried out my 111 point check FOC at the 3 year point, despite never having had any previous servicing done with them.
Marksmacan

Post by Marksmacan »

That’s good advice thank you, I’ll try my negotiating skills when I go there 👍
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I can't really see the point if it (apart from its obvious money spinning value) if you get it done before the warranty expires - anything they find should be covered and fixed before you renew, so why bother? But then that's Porsche for you.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

My local OPC at Sheffield, were not prepared to negotiate. I did ask, wishing to extend the warranty. I might try somewhere else. Wolverhampton could be a nice run out.