Macan with the highest mileage

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Don't know about Macan, but my 911 Carrera T is 11 months old today and has done 13,719 miles so far. Must be in the running for the highest mileage Carrera T in the country, if not the world! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

VanB

Post by VanB »

Not far behind you WingCo in the 911 GTS at 12,500 after almost exactly 12 months and only because I've been using my daughter's car whilst she is at university otherwise would be closer to 16k
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

Denizl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:23 am Really wanted another Macan, tried the new 2ltr petrol over extended test drive but fuel consumption was woeful, brakes felt poor, didn't enjoy the power delivery...Bought an underpowered, decent looking economical diesel Discovery sport and saved a sh*tload of money...Wife's not impressed
I am not surprised she was glum. My Disco Sport driving pal picked me up the other dark evening, the car felt different. That's because its a courtesy Evoque. Apparently his own car has been with LR dealer for about six weeks as they try to stop the EML coming on. He's had three courtesy cars, during that time the first two were Disco Sports, the first one had EML issues after about a week, so it was swapped out. The next had 8 miles on clock when delivered to him, the EML came on at 12 miles, hence the Evoque.
At least it is helping him keep below his PCP mileage allowance.
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

N111BJG wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm
Denizl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:23 am Really wanted another Macan, tried the new 2ltr petrol over extended test drive but fuel consumption was woeful, brakes felt poor, didn't enjoy the power delivery...Bought an underpowered, decent looking economical diesel Discovery sport and saved a sh*tload of money...Wife's not impressed
I am not surprised she was glum. My Disco Sport driving pal picked me up the other dark evening, the car felt different. That's because its a courtesy Evoque. Apparently his own car has been with LR dealer for about six weeks as they try to stop the EML coming on. He's had three courtesy cars, during that time the first two were Disco Sports, the first one had EML issues after about a week, so it was swapped out. The next had 8 miles on clock when delivered to him, the EML came on at 12 miles, hence the Evoque.
What's EML? :?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:14 am
N111BJG wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm
What's EML? :?
Engine Management Light.

Friend of mine has so many issues with his Range Rover it's a long running joke. This particular one can be caused by not tightening the fuel filler cap. Air gets into the system and...voila. He on the other hand has everything from the entertainment system randomly rebooting to his lights randomly switching on :lol:
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Wife's not impressed ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Resurrecting an old thread.
Struggling to get the wife to agree to spend a lot of money on a pristine GTS that she is going to be so scared to drive to the supermarket or golf club, I am looking at getting a newer lower specced car but with a higher mileage but at a much lower price, at least that gets me into a Macan as our daily driver.
There is a local S petrol that is just over 2 years old.
It's done over 50,000 miles.
Its reasonably specced with for me the critical panroof and 14 way memory seats 20" wheels and the right colour.
The inside is absolutely immaculate and is obviously a well cared for motorway car.
Outside apart from a few stone chips which will be done is also excellent, I cannot believe it's done the mileage, it drives beautifully.

Porsche know the car been serviced twice and will have another service , it is still under warranty, no noise or judder from the transfer box.

50,000 miles in just over 2 years though....what are peoples thoughts on how these engines cope with that sort of motorway driving mileage on a petrol engine?

I would add that our average annual mileage on this car would be no more than 3-4,000 miles so after a few years its average mileage will be more in line with UK norm.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Paul

Post by Paul »

At motorway mile speed, the engine will have been fully up to temp and ticking over at 2000 rpm or so.
Much better that a 2 year old 5000 mile car doing loads of stop start trips, never getting warm, ranted from cold etc etc.
If it’s been serviced by Porsche and cones with a Porsche warranty you’ll be fine.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Motorway driving is the least taxing for a car engine, especially a long one. You should be more worried about the number of cold starts and short journeys where the engine doesn't get fully warm.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Sounds like a good buy to me, only the wife could be an obstacle.

What does she drive now? How close does she sit to the steering wheel?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070