Macan vs Jag E Pace

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Seems an odd match-up. There was only going to be one winner :D

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/feat ... m-suv-face
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Having skimmed the article I can see where they are coming from with this comparison. If you were considering a base level Macan as the very top of your budget, then a top-of-the-range E-Pace or perhaps a well loaded Q5 would warrant some consideration. Especially if you value the utility at least as much as the performance, which is quite likely in an SUV.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Peteski wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 am Having skimmed the article I can see where they are coming from with this comparison. If you were considering a base level Macan as the very top of your budget, then a top-of-the-range E-Pace or perhaps a well loaded Q5 would warrant some consideration. Especially if you value the utility at least as much as the performance, which is quite likely in an SUV.
I cannot get excited about a 2 litre in a SUV. Even the article says that the engine sounds stressed and weedy. Yes it handles well but, I've said it before, you need to flog that car to get anything from it. I'd concur with a well loaded Q5 as opposed to a base Macan. Mind you, if you want utility, I would wager you could get more from a hot estate too (S/RS4 or Golf R).
DJB73

Post by DJB73 »

No comparison, E Pace does not even come close in terms of handling, looks, build quality etc etc.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Get a huge discount on a Jag and I for one could live with the issues.

Its the after sales that suck at my local dealer, not that the sales are much good either but the cars themselves are acceptable at the right price.

For the Jag SUVs if you put the mindset in place that they are basically designed as a 2.0 litre family mover of reasonable quality and compared to its competition which is Volvo, Mercedes, BMW and Audi then they should be seen in a different light.

I have only driven an F Pace and it was a pretty good car to drive, not a patch on a Macan but certainly way better than the Audi Q that I used to have.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags