Geeky PCM question

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
CreativeVision

Post by CreativeVision »

Upfront alert - this is a pretty geeky enquiry!

I’ve got a 2016 Macan GTS, so came with the PCM that had the first iteration of CarPlay etc. Anyway, over the last 2 years has had a couple of PCM software updates by dealer, the most recent being few weeks ago at end of January 2019.

With this update, I got (for the first time) , the little red volume indicator bar at the top of screen. I like that. Only other difference I’ve noticed is that most of my DAB radio station logo thumbnails have disappeared and won’t come back even though I’ve got the setting to download and display station logos switched on.

So my geeky questions:

1. How to get the logos back? Same stations definitely previously broadcast them (eg LONDON based stations such as Capital, Kiss, LBC ... don’t judge my listening!)

2. Can anyone tell me any other improvements that this version of PCM has over my previous (non volume bar) version. Apparently I had the most recent prior version previously installed.

Thanks!

Paul

Post by Paul »

I can’t help with your questions sadly, but I do have a favour to ask; could you post a photo of your current software version for me?
I’m being told I have the latest on my 2016 GTS but have had no updates that I can recall.Thanks
(Mind you, if I loose the radio station logos as above I might not bother 😳)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

+1 for that request as my dealer consistently says there are no updates, the last time was two months ago.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
happy days

Post by happy days »

As far as I can remember, our Macan wouldn't show the station logos either. What I did was search for them again and resaved them onto the presets and that cured the problem.
Macan S D
718 S
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I've got something called CardPlay in my PCM! A small typo that I wonder how many people have noticed...
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
CreativeVision

Post by CreativeVision »

Sorry for the late reply ... clicked through various menus and found a section which talks about selecting whether radio station logos should be downloaded, all clicked on, but still not doing it. Also tried to re-scan stations to no avail. Maybe needs a complete system reset!

Will upload the PCM version, know how frustrating that can be ... when back by car tomorrow.
CreativeVision

Post by CreativeVision »

Apologies for the delay on this. See attached pics of the software version on my 2016 Macan GTS - hope that helps others as needed.

Ps. Still don’t have many of the station logos. A couple of members have mentioned researching for them and saving again. How exactly to ‘re-search’ for a DAB station? My car just has them all listed in a pre saved list that I have to select them from?

A4B07915-C533-413A-93E3-994B20FA7BA6.jpeg

AC56A4F8-88D8-4581-B685-A46DA96E67F4.jpeg

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have the same issue. To be honest I have only seen the problem happen in Jan this year on my Dec 2016 GTS. The software upgrade happened afterwards so I don’t think its related. Software upgrade was Last month.

Some stations seem to display the graphic art fine
See my post here showing versions and also the new volume bar at the top and also some of the station pics not displayed. Not had much time to look any further into it as of yet.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8353&start=20
GTS 😀