Drainage ducts need cleaning Sir. Kerching!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)

I think there’s a (another) myth perpetuated by OPC salespeople that black interiors are too dark without a pano roof; along with ‘You’ll never sell it without a pano, or Bose!’.
Agree with Simon on these points. I have specced a roof but not for resale but because I have wanted an opening roof since three cars ago and for one reason or another didn’t manage to get. When I last had one, I opened it regularly, but agree I don’t think it enhances a black interior any more than without?
Simon/Jon, I guess it's a personal thing but I've never been keen on dark interiors, and my last car had cream truffle seats so anything will feel dark after that. Having sat in a Macan with black leather and pano roof, and tried it with the blind open and closed, I think it does make a difference. I'd go for pebble or beige but for the fact this purchase has to (among other roles) be transport for the grandkids. Agate would be a compromise but swmbo thinks it's too brown :roll:
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Old Chimer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 pm
Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)

I think there’s a (another) myth perpetuated by OPC salespeople that black interiors are too dark without a pano roof; along with ‘You’ll never sell it without a pano, or Bose!’.
Agree with Simon on these points. I have specced a roof but not for resale but because I have wanted an opening roof since three cars ago and for one reason or another didn’t manage to get. When I last had one, I opened it regularly, but agree I don’t think it enhances a black interior any more than without?
Simon/Jon, I guess it's a personal thing but I've never been keen on dark interiors, and my last car had cream truffle seats so anything will feel dark after that. Having sat in a Macan with black leather and pano roof, and tried it with the blind open and closed, I think it does make a difference. I'd go for pebble or beige but for the fact this purchase has to (among other roles) be transport for the grandkids. Agate would be a compromise but swmbo thinks it's too brown :roll:
Choices choices! I have gone with pebble grey and here’s why:
1/ I think it looks absolutely superb with the black dash and you get loads of contrast stitching too!
2/ it gets no dirtier than any other colour it just shows up if you don’t clean it - I clean it so problem solved.
3/ I have had too many cars with black interior and I’m sick of driving in what my good lady wife says “it looks like the inside of a wetsuit in here” 😳😂

So all in all, my man logic is saying this is an awful lot of money (for me) to spend on yet another car that looks like every other SUV interior. (Same reason I’m not going for black/grey/white paint)

Just my opinion, will be different for everyone…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Old Chimer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:54 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)
Old Chimer. If that's not an offer of marriage I don't know what is. :D
I'm already spoken for ;)

So am I! :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:35 pm
Choices choices! I have gone with pebble grey and here’s why:
1/ I think it looks absolutely superb with the black dash and you get loads of contrast stitching too!
2/ it gets no dirtier than any other colour it just shows up if you don’t clean it - I clean it so problem solved.
3/ I have had too many cars with black interior and I’m sick of driving in what my good lady wife says “it looks like the inside of a wetsuit in here” 😳😂

So all in all, my man logic is saying this is an awful lot of money (for me) to spend on yet another car that looks like every other SUV interior. (Same reason I’m not going for black/grey/white paint)

Just my opinion, will be different for everyone…
If it was down to me alone I'd be making different choices. Quite fancied Papaya with beige and walnut. Looks like the walnut is the only element I'll end up with, which is ironic as she's fatally allergic to nuts ;)
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
macanese

Post by macanese »

Just got projected minor service cost for my gen3 base and it mentioned specifically the service would include the inspection and clearance of front and rear drains within the quoted £742 cost. I am not sure why they would highlight this check amoungst all the other visual checks done? I was also quoted for an oil/filter change if required earlier for £442 which seems excessive? Any comments? If done they would reduce the minor service cost but were not specific on the amount of the reduction. Any comments re what should be the reduction from others' experiences?
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’ve just had a major 4 year service done for £630 at Porsche Brooklands. Granted it did not include the drains.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
macanese

Post by macanese »

Thank you Kleynie. Did the work include oil/filter, pollen filter, air filter, pdk fluid and filter and spark plugs which I understand might be due at 4 years depending on mileage as well as the many visual checks?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You may wish to consider using an independent garage, especially if you are outside of your Porsche warranty. Most independents charge a much lower hourly labour rate than Porsche Centres. Now that I’m no longer covered by a Porsche warranty, I’m likely to get things like servicing, oil changes, brake fluid, spark plugs etc done at an indy, unless I can use the indy quote to get Porsche to reduce their normal charges. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:42 pm You may wish to consider using an independent garage, especially if you are outside of your Porsche warranty. Most independents charge a much lower hourly labour rate than Porsche Centres. Now that I’m no longer covered by a Porsche warranty, I’m likely to get things like servicing, oil changes, brake fluid, spark plugs etc done at an indy, unless I can use the indy quote to get Porsche to reduce their normal charges. ;)
Porsche Brooklands did my last major 80 k miles service with all oils filters etc etc but not drains for £1100 they did compete with indy quotes ...
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

macanese wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:30 pm Thank you Kleynie. Did the work include oil/filter, pollen filter, air filter, pdk fluid and filter and spark plugs which I understand might be due at 4 years depending on mileage as well as the many visual checks?
All of the above apart from PDK oil as its only done 25K. I had to negotiate though and I do have a decent relationship with them (if that helps)
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.