Part Exchange

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:23 pm I don't need to sell my car to buy the Macan and come April I will put my car on Autotrader ( I would prefer to px it for a fair price but I accept that is not going to happen).

I think the most important point in my initial post has been missed. The best px price offered me by the SE is £750 less than WBAC (and half a dozen other car auction sites). Why? I don't know why but possible answers are:
1. The SE is too lazy (has no incentive) to pick up the phone and so he gives me a v low offer knowing I won't take it
2. The SE gets an offer for £750 more and tells me £750 less (his cut).
3. Somthing else ???
Are you honestly complaining about how a car dealership is low balling you on a PX??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you're PX'ing on a car with a waitlist why do you think they need your business? They don't. There is no incentive, at all, for them to give you a high PX. For any dealer to do that, it is a loss leader into a car they desperately want out of. You won't get that with Porsche.

Secondly, no dealer, especially Porsche wants a car it has to on-sell. They need to make their cut and the ultimate seller will need to take their's as well. Straight away, therefore, you're in a chain which means your PX price will be lower.

That's all there is!

Btw, I'm not a lawyer but I deal with risk day in day out. Your idea to allow a money back return within 24 hours, and expect it to be governed under the same contract (ie assuming without a huge definition of the additional warranties that would entail which you need to underwrite) is a little too much off the risk block! As a risk manager, I would say once the deal has been done with full transparency, there is no need for any added risk. You're done...out.

Best sell the car on Autotrader! Webuyanycar and PX'ing at premium dealerships leads to crying. :D

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

He has larger costs to prepare the car for sale than the premium he thinks he will get for selling it at an OPC.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Paul

Post by Paul »

GMAN75 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:23 pm I don't need to sell my car to buy the Macan and come April I will put my car on Autotrader ( I would prefer to px it for a fair price but I accept that is not going to happen).

I think the most important point in my initial post has been missed. The best px price offered me by the SE is £750 less than WBAC (and half a dozen other car auction sites). Why? I don't know why but possible answers are:
1. The SE is too lazy (has no incentive) to pick up the phone and so he gives me a v low offer knowing I won't take it
3. Somthing else ???

Secondly, no dealer, especially Porsche wants a car it has to on-sell. They need to make their cut and the ultimate seller will need to take their's as well. Straight away, therefore, you're in a chain which means your PX price will be lower.

That's all there is!
Have to disgree with this bit (particularly on low margin / high volume franchises;) trading on part-exchanges was an excellent profit centre in my dealerships - often equally basic new £ profit.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

TH Boler have a full page ad in the latest Porsche Post. A £2400 fee for a sale between £50/£75k. No sale/No fee. Depending on the car and your expectations, it could work out. Their ad shows a Turbo PP Trade in offer was £62k but they sold it for £70k, so the seller was £5,600 better off after their £2400 fee. They have 3 SDs and GTS for sale among AM's and a McLaren.
Link: http://www.thboler.com/used-cars/search ... er_page=36
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Paul wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:11 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:50 pm

3. Somthing else ???

That's all there is!
Have to disgree with this bit (particularly on low margin / high volume franchises;) trading on part-exchanges was an excellent profit centre in my dealerships - often equally basic new £ profit.
I would also disagree with me if the PX was on low margin/high volume franchises. Porsche isn't one and a "non-Porsche" vehicle they would take as PX is pretty much always sold on to another dealer or put straight into auction (that's what my SE mentioned). My SE also mentioned never to PX with Porsche and to always try and sell privately. I achieved 50% more on my older vehicle...£6k achieved v £4k offered. (It was a cherished VW GTi - cherished!! :cry: ).
Paul

Post by Paul »

Maybe they’re just lazier than I was😉
Who wouldn’t want more profit?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Paul wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:20 pm Maybe they’re just lazier than I was😉
Who wouldn’t want more profit?
You have a conflict of interest here though don't you? One person wants as much as possible, the other wants to pay as little as possible. You're right though on volumes. If you can increase the volume substantially then your margin can decrease giving you the ability to offer the buyer a little more. Methinks Porsche doesn't go down that path... :lol:
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

As much as the above maybe the norm and all true I thought I would add balance to this.

I part ex my Audi Q5 with porsche 2 years ago and got just under what I was going to sell it for on Autorrader.(£500 less) Even better 4 months later when collecting the Macan they still have me the same valuation when they first saw it. My OPC has a very good relationship with an Audi dealership who wanted my car.

I repeated this 12 months later with another Audi part ex but with a different make car purchase and received the same as again.

So it’s all possible.

I have no idea how people start thier negotiations when buying a car but I always make sure I have plenty of time and get a good relationship with my SE.

The deal is normally done over a couple of weeks and not on the day.
GTS 😀
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:30 pm As much as the above maybe the norm and all true I thought I would add balance to this.

I part ex my Audi Q5 with porsche 2 years ago and got just under what I was going to sell it for on Autorrader.(£500 less) Even better 4 months later when collecting the Macan they still have me the same valuation when they first saw it. My OPC has a very good relationship with an Audi dealership who wanted my car.

I repeated this 12 months later with another Audi part ex but with a different make car purchase and received the same as again.

So it’s all possible.

I have no idea how people start thier negotiations when buying a car but I always make sure I have plenty of time and get a good relationship with my SE.

The deal is normally done over a couple of weeks and not on the day.
Some dealers (Audi & Porsche) sometimes even next door - shared canteen even ala Belfast, my S3 might go p/x, I think they will want for resale or even a staff car, but I quite enjoy selling previous privately - I always get what want for them, Audi 20T Quattro, Celica, Z4, even a 307 - actually made 1k on that!!!!
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Fairynuff wrote:
Pivot wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm
Fairynuff wrote: As a lawyer I can tell you that it forms part of the 'contract' like any other and as such subject to contract law

That is a honourable thing to do... Would you share with us the wording of the paragraph you included in the agreement?
No problem. . . my fee is £200 an hour, payable in advance, pm me with your email address and I'll forward my PayPal account pay-in details
Well, on balance, I am not entirely convinced that this idea is worth £200 an hour. I still think it is a gesture of good will, but a little complex to execute.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4