Marvellous Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

For my 1,000th post I am reviewing my Porsche experience. This Forum has been a superb source of information with detailed knowledge and real time experiences. The vast majority of members being very friendly and supportive. Often amusing and occasionally challenging, but invariably it's worth reading all posts :idea: After all it's only as good as the contributors and here genuinely mostly good comments. :)

I used macanforums for my preliminary research when considering the Macan as my next new vehicle option. Having never previously specified a brand new Porsche SUV. I realised that there were so many options on the confusurator, that it was a real minefield and easy to get carried away! On a near £50K basic price, I was amazed at how little was included - things like metallic paint, Sat-Nav, heated seats etc, etc were all options and the smokers package was needed to cover the hole in the button fest panel. :oops: So this Forum helped me a lot through the summer of 2016.

That September I then visited the three OPCs in my area. They were all pretty aloof and didn't seem at all hungry for business :roll: I settled on the one where the SE at least had some car passion about him. Mind you the 'Business' manager was totally negative - PCP finance at 7.1% and no contribution to the deposit etc. :evil: So I decided to cut him out, pay cash and save the many £'000s in their charges. Their p/ex value on my low mileage, high spec E-class coupe was derisory too. I placed my fully specified order in late Sept '16 to guarantee a 1st May delivery...... And then patiently waited. We went to the Porsche Experience Centre in oct '16 and that was well worth doing. Giving a different dimension to the previous 4 x test drives at the OPCs

The OPC delivered my Macan SD to my home on 2 May. The condition it was presented in was superb. No rectification work was needed and nothing has gone wrong since [finger crossed / touch wood]. Never had any DPF issues etc. Did get a Sat-Nav update last year after a bit of haranguing of the OPC and an AdBlue refill at 8,800 miles.

The Macan's quality, smoothness, quietness, comfort, performance, PDK and especially handling have continued to enthrall me. I have averaged 36 mpg in 22 months, never dropped below 30, and have seen 44 mpg on some trips. I'm a press on driver and not known for getting great mpg! I didn't buy the SD for fuel economy, it was the torque that appealed most. In Sport mode, aided by PASM, it really covers the ground very rapidly,

First service will be due this May and will leave the "Re-programming DME CU update" and make a decision then......If it 'ain't broken, why fix it?' me thinks.

So thank you for all the information, advice and wisdom fellow macaneers. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Congrats on your 1000th post and an excellent write up of your Macan journey. Good to hear your SD is performing well. I’m keeeping my fingers crossed that the DME upgrade carried out in early December will be the end of my dpf issues - so far so good.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Congrats on your 1,000th post.

A great write up and your experience is probably typical of what many others have found.

Very pleased for you that you are enjoying your SD and that you have found that its sweet spot is using Sport mode where the shedload of Torque does give a great burst of acceleration when the need arises.

Your mpg average of 36 mpg, is that the MFD displayed figure or actual base on fuel put in the SD.

My SD had 36 mpg on its MFD which as I had logged all fuel bought and the mileages at every fill and this gave that the actual was 33 mpg.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Adding my congrats to your 1000th👍

Your experiences of your SD mirror mine.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCS

Post by MCS »

After 20,000 faultless miles I keep asking what else would I have got - simply the Macan S Diesel had no real rivals and still hasn't
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:30 am Congrats on your 1,000th post.

A great write up and your experience is probably typical of what many others have found.

Very pleased for you that you are enjoying your SD and that you have found that its sweet spot is using Sport mode where the shedload of Torque does give a great burst of acceleration when the need arises.

Your mpg average of 36 mpg, is that the MFD displayed figure or actual base on fuel put in the SD.

My SD had 36 mpg on its MFD which as I had logged all fuel bought and the mileages at every fill and this gave that the actual was 33 mpg.
Thanks Col,

Yes actual litres purchased divided by 4.54. I got into the habit, when I had a company car and still do, of jotting it down in a note book when I refuel. Old habits eh! ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
happy days

Post by happy days »

Ours is now approaching 53,000 (still on the original tyres all round, too) and I would echo your comments. The SD is a a really great car.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Original tyres at 53k is amazing. Clearly your wife drives in straight lines and rarely encounters corners or roundabouts.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great review of a great machine :D :D :D
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Congo-rats, ahem... congrats on a great vehicle, and thanks for sharing your experience! I should hopefully get my new S in 2 months time... I have been very patient and I can’t wait any further!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4