Macan Turbo: discs and pads

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ I’m guessing lots of cruising/longer distance driving, as opposed to track driving or lots of stop/start urban use. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:01 am ^^^ I’m guessing lots of cruising/longer distance driving, as opposed to track driving or lots of stop/start urban use. :)
For sure Simon. It's been on factory trips 4 times, and to some F1 GP circuits in foreign lands a few times. When a young lad, I drove like a lunatic. My work colleagues used to say, I only knew two throttle positions, full on and off. lol. As we get older, we get wiser.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Amen to that! At the grand old age of 53, I’m somewhat more sensible than when I was a boy racer in my 20s and wrote off my beloved XR2 on the M23! :oops:
Simon

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I'm on 44.5k in my SD. My car came back from the OPC last week with a report of 7mm left to all pads. They're original so I must be driving like Miss Daisy I guess.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Not driving like Miss Daisy (or her chauffeur) if most of those miles are motorway, dual carriageway and/or major A roads. ;)
Simon

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:47 am Not driving like Miss Daisy (or her chauffeur) if most of those miles are motorway, dual carriageway and/or major A roads. ;)
Yep, thinking about it, that's most of my driving.

I was getting worried I was losing the :evil: for a bit there. :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

The inspection sheet for the 2017 Macan 2.0L I purchased 3 weeks ago with 3400 miles on the clock shows front disc and pad wear 30% and rear discs 20% and pads 10%. I crunched the figures and calculated the fronts will require replacing at circa 12000 miles and rear circa 18000 miles. I'd been informed my Macan was Porsche GB owned and used as a branch manager company car before I purchased it, I queried the disc wear rate with the OPC questioning the way it had been driven prior to my ownership or disc quality for them to wear so quick. After looking into it for me the OPC service manager contacted me with information regarding the Porsche ownership of my Macan, apparently it was owned by OPC Reading and used as a prestige chauffer car, I asked what that is. Apparently Porsche give special treatment to special customers who've spent or may spend mega buck with Porsche(not me :D ) like our arab friends, such that they can contact Porsche reading for transportation to and from the airport etc. I'm satisfied that though sales and service have given me different stories the prestige chauffer car scenario is most likely given the greater knowledge and experience of the service manager compared to the limited knowledge of the young sales person and that a prestige chauffer car will have been driven with reasonable care. The suspicion is that a chauffer driven car will have under gone more braking than normal contributing to higher disc wear. I only do 3-4k miles a year and the 2 year service is due in October so I can compare disc/pad measurements between now and then and suspect wear will have slowed as a result of different driving conditions, watch this space.

I get my Macan back today after it's been with the OPC a week for pan roof seal replacement and the common fault requiring transfer box replacement though it was very early days of the fault and took a number of test drives for the OPC tech to pick it up and advise a replacement box. I must compliment OPC Nottingham for the way they've responded to these two faults picking my car up and leaving me with a Cayenne S for the week, then delivering the Macan back on completion of the repairs. Hopefully I can then enjoy driving it without any issues fingers crossed and touch wood...... :lol:
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

sounds dodgy, any test driving in a Porsche is done with an aim of showing the abilities of the car, acceleration, handling stopping, would have been a very uncomfortable ride for rear passengers, are you sure it was not based at Silverstone?
Paul

Post by Paul »

gasgas1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm sounds dodgy, any test driving in a Porsche is done with an aim of showing the abilities of the car, acceleration, handling stopping, would have been a very uncomfortable ride for rear passengers, are you sure it was not based at Silverstone?
Sounds more like Heathrow to Mayfair if it was used as a limo......or possibly Wimbledon taxi.....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

gasgas1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm sounds dodgy, any test driving in a Porsche is done with an aim of showing the abilities of the car, acceleration, handling stopping, would have been a very uncomfortable ride for rear passengers, are you sure it was not based at Silverstone?
Agree with you on this when I test drove the SD they gave me for half a day I was not shall we say gentle with it!

Unless they used it to ferry people backwards and forwards between reading and porsche west london but you would of thought a panamera or a cayenne would be better suited for that

They haven't really covered themselves in glory with this car with the pano roof needing fixing which you would of thought they would of done on there own fleet vehicles