Leather Seats

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

So my Macan S arrives 16th March and visited Porsche today to do final signing.

I've been wondering whether not going leather was a good idea. So today when i visited Porsche i sat in a demonstrator. Firstly wow, really really nice interior compared to the Mk1. Secondly, leather was beautiful. Thirdly the leather was worn!. :o The bolster was badly creased for having done only 2000 miles. I hope it was a one off. But honestly if this had happened to my car i'd be complaining about it, not sure if it was because it was grey but wow disappointing.
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Heavily bolstered seats in a SUV can stand quite a lot of abuse due to their height, where the driver has slide over them every time they get in or out. It just depends how much the driver wants to protect the seats whither they quickly deform or not. I am tall and still had to make a lot of effort to try and avoid damaging the sports seats in my GTS Macan. So much easier these day in the 911 where you fall in over the bolster with little or no effort.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Yeah, high bolster sports seats in a SUV where you climb in rather than fall into a low sports car get a hammering. Comfort seats are a lot easier to live with and take care of.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
andreas

Post by andreas »

I have the light grey Pebble leather on my 18-way seats. After 10K miles, the outer bolster of the driver's seat is slightly creased, but not ruined. It's a car, it's going to suffer wear and tear, so choose what you like and accept that it may not remain pristine for ever!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just keep the leather clean and conditioned and be happy.

Driving you Macan and you will soon forget that there may be a crease or two in the bolsters.

If you want to avoid the creases get 14 way seats.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I rather like the creases on my 14 way seats, and the car is only one month old.I think it shows what excellent quality the leather is.The same thing usually happens to leather chairs and sofas at home if you have good quality leather.It's all part of the character of the leather, just like other marks you get in leather.I must admit mine is also so badly creased because with two hip replacements I do tend to slide over the bolster getting in and out.The creases remind me that without them I would not have had a Macan in the first place as I would not have been able to get in or out of the car.It's only a 2 litre ,but think what I would have been missing!!!
Col M

Post by Col M »

frankstar123 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 pm So my Macan S arrives 16th March and visited Porsche today to do final signing.

I've been wondering whether not going leather was a good idea. So today when i visited Porsche i sat in a demonstrator. Firstly wow, really really nice interior compared to the Mk1. Secondly, leather was beautiful. Thirdly the leather was worn!. :o The bolster was badly creased for having done only 2000 miles. I hope it was a one off. But honestly if this had happened to my car i'd be complaining about it, not sure if it was because it was grey but wow disappointing.
Just consider how many people (like you) got in and out of that demonstrator without putting on any miles. ;)
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

andreas wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:05 pm I have the light grey Pebble leather on my 18-way seats. After 10K miles, the outer bolster of the driver's seat is slightly creased,
That's worrying, I have on my (ever changing) spec pebble grey and the 18 way sports seats which have even higher outer sides - should I drop the sports seats or are they perhaps a better construction?
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I have black 18 way seats and after 2 years of regular use (19k miles) they are in pretty good condition. Slight crease on the outer bumper driver's side. I am quite tall and so don't really slide over them. But no issues. If I was doing it again I might well have the 14 way seats, but very happy with these ones. Get what you are most comfortable with - and as posted above, it is a car, designed to be used and the odd crease in the bumper shouldn't really detract from it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:15 pm
andreas wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:05 pm I have the light grey Pebble leather on my 18-way seats. After 10K miles, the outer bolster of the driver's seat is slightly creased,
That's worrying, I have on my (ever changing) spec pebble grey and the 18 way sports seats which have even higher outer sides - should I drop the sports seats or are they perhaps a better construction?
I would not bother with 18 way seats at all but that is my personal choice.

I am not the biggest of guys and they are a very snug fit, they do hold you to the seat superbly and when thrashing a Macan around the PEC they are the dogs dangly bits.

Out on the road do you need the lateral support in the driving you do?

No, you probably do not.

The other issue I have with the large bolsters is that the range of adjstments of them is not enough. If the adjustment could lower the settings twice as much as they do now then the 18 way would be more comfortable for me as it is a session at the PEC and I am glad to get into my 14 way.

This is one of the reasons why I always state to a newbie to take a long test drive of a Macan with the same seats, wheels, suspension and steering weighting as they intend to specify.

We cannot tell a newbie that something will be OK for them
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags