Chipping 2019 Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

How do,

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning to chip their new Macan S?

I did it to my S5 2017 and the 0-100km/h went from 4.7 to 3.9 seconds with a racechip.co.uk, but the in gear improvement was massive.

Frankie
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Nee... I like to keep it standard. The out the box torque/power characteristics is exactly what I am after. If I want more power I will get the Turbo.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
pmg

Post by pmg »

No happy as above, even prefer S character to GTS higher placed torque. would like lower GTS suspension level

And I do wonder how long the tuning industry is going to survive emission regs?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Guy

Post by Guy »

pmg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 pm And I do wonder how long the tuning industry is going to survive emission regs?
As long as the tuning box has an 'MOT-mode' then where's the problem? :lol:

Arguably, any new emissions regs will give a healthy boost ( :D ) to the tuning industry ...
pmg

Post by pmg »

Guy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:43 pm
pmg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 pm And I do wonder how long the tuning industry is going to survive emission regs?
As long as the tuning box has an 'MOT-mode' then where's the problem? :lol:

Arguably, any new emissions regs will give a healthy boost ( :D ) to the tuning industry ...
I can see a day when Governments ban their sale unless they have passed tests in their application. As not a mass market product, that would make them uneconomic.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Guy

Post by Guy »

pmg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm I can see a day when Governments ban their sale unless they have passed tests in their application. As not a mass market product, that would make them uneconomic.
Possibly, but like much of the aftermarket industry, a simple 'Not for Road Use' at the foot of the eBay listing usually covers all eventualities :lol:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you head over to the Yankee based Macanforum.com and search there you should find far more tuning threads.

There is far more midifying activity there than there is here.

In the States there are new Porsches on their OPC Lot that have a set series of inclusive Extras so buying is a drive in drive out in a Porsche process for many there. There seems also to be a preference to mod suspension far more than here.

Probably fair to say that most here who admit to the chip have been those with SDs.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RAA

Post by RAA »

Will be getting my first ever Porsche (the new Macan S) at the end of April, hopefully. I don't think I would consider having it chipped or remapped, at least until out of warranty. I had my current car, a Mazda CX-5 diesel, remapped from 175 to 210 bhp a year ago, and have to admit it's even more fun driving now. With the 354 bhp of the new Macan S, I might continue to be happy with that - but who knows ?
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I'm dubious about just throwing more power at a vehicle especially a tall(ish) one without also improving brakes and suspension. I'm sure an 'S' would be fine unless the chip was providing loads more power. I had a drive of an Range Rover SVR last year and boy oh boy , that is quick. It would drive you crazy travelling any distance in it and it is not relaxing as 100% concentration is required at all times. Yes. I know 100% concentration is required anyway, but the SVR is another level. Mid-range torque is most useful tool to have these days.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can’t recall ever (legally or otherwise) feeling that my GTS was lacking.......😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465