Options to consider

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

darkness17 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:37 pm What timescale did they give you on the GTS Swiss Tony?
+1. How did you order a car that hasn't been launched yet? Submitting a letter of intent, I could understand, or placing a deposit, but must be difficult to submit an order on a car (including selecting options) whose spec is not yet released? :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 pm If you have the sports exhaust though you want to hear it. Would the noise insulating glass not impact this? Would be a costly extra if you can’t hear it very well.
To a degree.

The Sports Exhaust is not a performance extra, it is purely aural.

To acheive the sound inside the car a Resonator is fitted to the chassis to enhance the internal sound.

The best thing about the SE is the on/off switch, yes it sounds great when accelerating but it drones badly when cruising hence the off switch is vital for those who like to cruise in serene comfort.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Darkness17 they said my silverstone test would be around December and mine would be ready around the same time but i’m waiting till the new registration in March
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Thanks Col. I have an Audi S6 with the 4.0 V8 and an after market Miltek non resonated sports exhaust. Clearly won’t be in the same league for performance or sound but looking forward to my first Porsche
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm Thanks Col. I have an Audi S6 with the 4.0 V8 and an after market Miltek non resonated sports exhaust. Clearly won’t be in the same league for performance or sound but looking forward to my first Porsche
You are welcome.

A Macan with Sports Exhaust will certainly not sound like your S6 that is for sure.

I think that the Macan will probably ride better than the S6 which is probably very firm.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

I have the air suspension on the Audi and was tempted for the Porsche but haven’t specced it yet. The Audi rides really well even though it has 20” alloys.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Riomacan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 am New to this forum and will be getting a Macan S. Pretty happy with the options, but just wondered whether anyone has chosen the beige leather seats. On the web site they look a bit dull. Choosing black metallic and a black interior seems a bit too much.
Options are 21" RS Spyder, PASM, Sunroof, Bose, 14-way seats, Chrono, sports exhaust, surround and reverse camera, lane keep assist-to cover blind spot, heated front seats.

I am amazed so many people think the heated steering wheel is a must.
Don't waste your money on the thing. A lot do it just to tick an option box. It's the most uncomfortable and redundant option on the list. Plenty of other things around to generate sweaty palms! :lol:
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Wing commander. I went to my local dealer and explained that I wanted the GTS and would wait till it came out. The pricing is due anytime and when they contacted me they said they are taking orders now. I have purchased the build slot (3k) and completed some basic paperwork but as I mentioned earlier we had to model finance against an S and try and spec up what we thought a GTS would have with some extras. The salesman was very helpful.

The beauty of the Porsche buying is that you can change spec all the way up to the Silverstone drive where you lock it in. By this time i’ll have driven it and work out if I can handle the lack of power from my S6 .

If you fancy one have a word with your local dealer and get on the list
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

Wasn’t Cardiff OPC was it?

That’s the exact process I had with my S although I still haven’t had the silverstone drive as they won’t get the new S till April.
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Darkness17 nope it was the Preston centre although it isn’t open yet so I was in a temporary building