Options to consider

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

It is quite amusing looking at the views and, as you would expect, everyone has there own views and choices. I have looked at a fair view video reviews and the NIG looks like a good option, even though it is rarely chosen. Some think air is the thing to get others believe it makes little difference. As for the exhaust system, you can switch it off if you want. It is audio noise so you can either choose to have it or cruise quietly.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:54 pm Wing commander. I went to my local dealer and explained that I wanted the GTS and would wait till it came out. The pricing is due anytime and when they contacted me they said they are taking orders now. I have purchased the build slot (3k) and completed some basic paperwork but as I mentioned earlier we had to model finance against an S and try and spec up what we thought a GTS would have with some extras. The salesman was very helpful.

The beauty of the Porsche buying is that you can change spec all the way up to the Silverstone drive where you lock it in. By this time i’ll have driven it and work out if I can handle the lack of power from my S6 .

If you fancy one have a word with your local dealer and get on the list
Thanks, Tony.

Am happy with my Carrera T for now and am in fact getting some modifications for it, so it will therefore be a keeper. :)

Were I in the market for a Macan again in the future, I think the GTS would be the one to go for, the sweet spot of the range, as is often said.

I’m confident that you’ll love the GTS. 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

I hope so wing commander. I would never get in a Carrera due to my size but it is a stunning car. My boss has the Carrera S and loves it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:54 pm Wing commander. I went to my local dealer and explained that I wanted the GTS and would wait till it came out. The pricing is due anytime and when they contacted me they said they are taking orders now. I have purchased the build slot (3k) and completed some basic paperwork but as I mentioned earlier we had to model finance against an S and try and spec up what we thought a GTS would have with some extras. The salesman was very helpful.

The beauty of the Porsche buying is that you can change spec all the way up to the Silverstone drive where you lock it in. By this time i’ll have driven it and work out if I can handle the lack of power from my S6 .

If you fancy one have a word with your local dealer and get on the list
That is not the case wth Lockdown.

Attendance at Silverstone is not mandatory nor is any date related to it.

Lockdown of spec is 6 weeks prior to the actual start of the build.

OPCs like Lockdown asap as once you Lockdown you are committed to buy.

Locking down early may also give you priority or it can open up a free or cancelled order build slot for you.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Great info, thanks Col. they said my Silverstone day would be around December but clearly this could change. I have noted that some days have been after delivery of the car so clearly I would need to lockdown beforehand.

Thanks for heads up
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 pm I hope so wing commander. I would never get in a Carrera due to my size but it is a stunning car. My boss has the Carrera S and loves it.
Tony, don’t rule out a 911 due to your size. If I recall correctly from an earlier post, you’re 6’2” and about 16 stone? If so, I’m positive that others of your size are 911 owners who fit just fine. ;) Maybe just don’t opt for the bucket seats :P

P.S. If you ask nicely, I’m sure they’d let you try a 911 at Silverstone PEC. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

I’m a similar build Tony and sat in a couple of the 911’s at the dealership and doesn’t feel cramped

In fact I’ve got my eye on ordering a 992 I’ve got to weight up the fact the wife will probably kill me even if I do Bribe her with a horse!
VanB

Post by VanB »

I’m a big unit - not as tall but very broad (ex rugby prop) and I have no problem at all with 911 sports seats and there is plenty of room for someone a couple of inches taller. One of my mates who is 6’10” can get in but is not so comfortable but 6’2” and 16 stone isn’t that big.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

The Volcano Grey I picked up Yesterday has a 2 Tone Pebble Grey / Agate Grey Dash, using it all day to day in the sun had no issues with reflections / Glare.
Love the light interior as so many are dark, Just got to keep it Clean ,,

PxoTo6HJTjSib7+F4BROWw.jpg

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

sparkmacan wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:42 pm The Volcano Grey I picked up Yesterday has a 2 Tone Pebble Grey / Agate Grey Dash,
NICE . . I have also chosen Volcano Grey and Pebble -
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKYA3PZ6
I can see you have the chrono and the sill strips which I don't have; nice to have but . .