Options to consider

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

New to this forum and will be getting a Macan S. Pretty happy with the options, but just wondered whether anyone has chosen the beige leather seats. On the web site they look a bit dull. Choosing black metallic and a black interior seems a bit too much.
Options are 21" RS Spyder, PASM, Sunroof, Bose, 14-way seats, Chrono, sports exhaust, surround and reverse camera, lane keep assist-to cover blind spot, heated front seats.

I am amazed so many people think the heated steering wheel is a must.

Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

I’ve just ordered a Porsche Macan GTS which proved really difficult as the Configurator isn’t out yet. I’m assuming many of the options I have chosen will be standard but i’m unsure. I ended up using the S to configure my car at the Porsche centre and went for......
Metallic Black, 21” black sport classic painted in high black gloss wheels, 18 way seats (automatically upgrades you to leather so a cheat), pan roof, privacy glass, pasm, sports exhaust (silver as too much black), sport chrono package as quicker and has launch control, power steering plus for the mrs in town, dynamic led lights, park assist with camera, heated windscreen (why is this an option?, front heated seats, white instrument and watch dials, garnet red seat belts to break up the black, Porsche. Rest embossed on front and rear seats, and Bose stereo.

I didn’t go for the heated steering wheel although the dealer said many Porsche buyers want it. It almost feels like you are spending the car for the person who will buy it off you which was odd. I did take the dealers advice on some of the options as it will help residuals.

This will be a big change for me as I have always had fast Audi’s and feel a wrench leaving them as they are excellent.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

My heated steering wheel is used far more than my heated seats.

Spec looks OK but I would add a spare wheel, you only get a can otherwise. Other items to consider are Interior Light Pack and Smokers Pack

Not to many choose beige.

A number of us met up in 2016 and one member had the full bege interior, he no longer posts here but just sitting in the drivers seat I noticed very bad reflections of the dash on the windscreen. I think that the beige option now has a black dash

4F112C54-57AD-4076-994D-42277CD15CF0.jpeg

Configure the car as you want it and not for resale. We all have our own preferences and mine are the first part of my signature.

Finally do find out about your test drive car, the low speed power steering assist PS+ is an extra so you may want to test drive a Macan without PS+ to see if the weight of the standard steering at parking speeds is OK for you.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

The dash is black, so not all beige and this looks a much better colour, will go for spare wheel yes.
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Swiss Tony, buying a car is very much like..................
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Riomacan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 am New to this forum and will be getting a Macan S. Pretty happy with the options, but just wondered whether anyone has chosen the beige leather seats. On the web site they look a bit dull. Choosing black metallic and a black interior seems a bit too much.
Options are 21" RS Spyder, PASM, Sunroof, Bose, 14-way seats, Chrono, sports exhaust, surround and reverse camera, lane keep assist-to cover blind spot, heated front seats.
I am amazed so many people think the heated steering wheel is a must.
I don't know if it's a typing error on your part but Lane Keep Assist does not cover the blindspot, it reminds you if you drift out of lane. Lane Change Assist is the blindspot protection option. That's the useful option, IMHO Lane Keeping Assistance is a waste of space (no pun intended).

Edit: I've since looked at your spec and see that you have specified Lane Change Assist. I also see you've gone for Heat and Noise Insulating Glass. I strongly recommend that. I recently drove a Macan without it and it really brought home to me just how much NIG reduces road noise.
Last edited by On-Track on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Riomacan 😂. The nickname has just stuck. I must admit buying a Porsche is a completely different experience and it’s hard not to let the extras rack up. Some good advice on here
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Yes lane change assist On-Track, thanks
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

If you have the sports exhaust though you want to hear it. Would the noise insulating glass not impact this? Would be a costly extra if you can’t hear it very well.
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

What timescale did they give you on the GTS Swiss Tony?