Moving from fast Audi to Macan GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Swiss Tony wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 pm Thanks for the info guys. I can now also concur that my £3k got me “on the list” for the GTS so not actually ordered so that’s my bad. I must have been mesmerised by all the options on the Configurator.

They did mention they were told it would be Q4 this year but it sounds like a similar time to the Turbo. Either way I feel a lot more comfortable with the process now and you guys have been a great help. I’m okay waiting as I really like my car and it’s nice to have a V8 before they all sadly die.

Col, Mike, I like the power of the turbo but if I were to spend that i’d definitely go RS Audi. They’re unbelievable and much quicker than the Macan turbo. My current car is quicker than the turbo so i’ve made peace with the fact i’m buying a slower car which has different characteristics and am happy to go for a quick suv.
Absolutely no way on earth I would spend cash on an Audi RS.

I still have my own teeth and would not want the bone jarring ride of an RS to loosen the fillings in the few teeth I have left.

The last time I was behind an Audi RS I was in my Macan SD and the plonker in the RS could only drive fast in a straight line, we then started following him over Snake Pass he could not go around the corners at any speed as it was cold and wet and the RS was skipping and jumping over the poor roads and I could see him and his passenger moving from side to side on every bump in the road. Behind him in our SD we just smiled and serenely glided along in total comfort waiting for him to loose it which luckily he did not. As it was it was the slowest that I have ever driven over the Snake Pass.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

^^ Fighting talk.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Paul

Post by Paul »

😂😂
Macan SD or Audi RS......?!😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 am 😂😂
Macan SD or Audi RS......?!😂😂
SD by a country mile.

But

Its relative, for a blast and having fun on the way to the Chiropractor then the RS wins.

For everything else then the SD.

Ergo, SD is many times better than an RS.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col Lamb.

I am the biggest porsche fan but having driven the various Audi’s over recent years I can assure the S5 RS5 sticks to the road like glue. The S Tronic dual clutch boxes are a match to the PDK. And even the 8 speed boxes are pretty quick.

I am no racing driver but no way will a Macan SD outdo the above 2 in any situation I can think of.

Obviously the 911 just rules the road for me but that’s another story.
GTS 😀
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Col, i cannot believe any Macan could keep up with an RS Audi so i put that firmly in the poor driver category. I have driven many S and RS models and they really do stick to the road like glue in all weather conditions. I would also be surprised if the Porsche 4WD is on a par with the Quattro as again i have never had an issue whether in snow, ice, floods or other horrendous conditions. Would clearly be delighted if it is.

With regards Snake Pass, what a drive. I went to university in Sheffield and have plenty of mates who have stayed there. I do enjoy that route and also the other one (who’s name escapes me) which goes a little higher. Great roads and would be a good place to take my Porsche when it comes
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Sabine Schmitz would have outdone both the Macan and the RS in her Transit van. :lol: :lol:
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:57 am
Obviously the 911 just rules the road for me but that’s another story.
Wise words. :ugeek: ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Not all 911s are equal, not all Porsches are equal but, more importantly, not all drivers are equaland Macananon is quite right in saying Sabine would blow most of us off the road regardless of what we are driving! Anyone who had been around the PEC circuit with an instuctor at the wheel will know the gulf that exists between a properly trained racing driver and us mere mortals :o
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Macananon wrote:Sabine Schmitz would have outdone both the Macan and the RS in her Transit van. :lol: :lol:
And on that bombshell... back to the studio [emoji38]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4