Finally a GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul

Post by Paul »

ianst wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:04 pm
Paul wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:22 pm
Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm Congratulations. I have ordered a GTS but it won’t land for a while yet. What’s the exhaust note like, what options do you get as standard over and above the S and does it live up to the “drivers car” tag?
Can only speak for the phase 1 GTS but the exhaust note is great, especially on start-up.

Briefly, the standard bits were sports exhaust, PASM, sports design kit (front bumper / spoiler) specific interior, 20” black spiders, lowered suspension and bigger brakes. I put around £10 K of options on mine and don’t regret a single penny!

Here’s a link to the original brochure...

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/tr ... d8aaccc2e0
what was retail on a standard GTS?
From memory around £55K....with no options.....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

My OPC were happy for me to pay £3k for my build slot against a GTS. They believe it will land around December but clearly no date yet. There is not a list price yet but they thought circa £60k for standard. The sales exec helped me spec up the S to what he thought would be standard and I added as needed and got a finance offer. The good news is the residual on a GTS is better than S so likely my monthly’s will go down.

Perhaps the fact that the OPC I went to (Preston) is still working out if a temporary building as the centre opens in April helped me ore-order. First in Lancashire apparently but sure they’ll say anything
pmg

Post by pmg »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:28 pm
Perhaps the fact that the OPC I went to (Preston) is still working out if a temporary building as the centre opens in April helped me ore-order. First in Lancashire apparently but sure they’ll say anything
Yes, a new OPC has no existing customer relationships or back promises and no doubt have initial desperation about doing some business.

I would have prepared the lower suspension of the GTS but not the likely higher revs for the start of torque. I am not keen enough on sports design to pay extra for it but if in reality priced to be free would take it. in practice for me waIting fora GTS would have meant another summer of travels not in a Macan as I believe Macan prices are better value new than near new, could not find this summer a sensible priced GTS to my "spec" (and since then near new GTS prices have fallen back a bit) and having tried the latest PCM in a Cayenne, I preferred that to pre facelift.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

A 2018 GTS started at £58,158. So safe to assume a 2020 GTS will have a couple of years of Porsche inflation added to that.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Yep that’s what the OPC said. Circa £60k
pmg

Post by pmg »

PaulR wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 pm A 2018 GTS started at £58,158. So safe to assume a 2020 GTS will have a couple of years of Porsche inflation added to that.
Plus possible 10% import tariff
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Love it, I've been on this Forum for 3 years !,
I had a Macan SD in 2015 , Since had Rs4's / SQ5's ,
These GTS's are stunning , love it already & should of purchased one 2 years ago,, as they say "Good things ......."
The Seller was the first owner, car is a Dec 66 & has only done 5500 miles from new, only drivers seat has been used & its like new

Spec, for those who asked earlier ....

Volcano Grey,
Pebble Grey - Agate Interior- stunning
Caron Side Blades, Illuminated Kick Plates,Carbon interior trim
Bose,
Nav,
Sport Chrono,
Light Comfort Pack,
Privacy,
Htd Seats,
LED Lights - Worlds apart.
Pano Roof
Park Assist,
Instrument Dials in White,
Seat Belts pebble grey,
Elec Folding Tow Bar,
Adaptive sports Seats,
Sport Design Mirrors,
Indoor Car Cover
Full front end PP
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Bpq%nV41SxGmOUKv+an7mg.jpg

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
Swiss Tony

Post by Swiss Tony »

Spakmacan lovely motor. Specced not dissimilar to the one I will go for. Need a Bose after all the Audi’s. Sure all Audi converts select this. I’m assuming they are the 20” GTS wheels. I quite like the 21” black gloss ones but apparently yours are more appealing.

Great car
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Swiss Tony wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:58 pm I quite like the 21” black gloss ones but apparently yours are more appealing.
My OPC strongly suggested leaving the GTS with the standard wheels. It's because the black RS Spyder wheels are exclusive to the GTS, so help the car stand out as being the GTS model. From what I can see, most people seem to spec the standard wheels. The 21" Sport Classics also look good and are perhaps second in popularity. (Particularly in gloss black.)
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS