Macan Rattle

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

It's fantastic having my Macan back after it's been with the OPC for over a week for new pan roof seals and transfer box under warranty. I thoroughly enjoyed the 100 mile drive I took it on yesterday. I've owned it just over 3 weeks, bought from an OPC as an approved used vehicle with 3000 miles on the clock. I've become aware of a light rattle that seems to be coming from under the floor when the engine starts/stops and occasionally when driving over rougher roads, similar to that heard in the youtube video links below posted by someone else. I've driven a loan 2.0L Macan which exhibited a similar rattle, does anybody else have a noise like this on their Macan. Experiencing it on 2 Macans and hearing it on Youtube makes me wonder if it's an odd quirk of the Macan. It doesn't sound like the noise you get from a loose exhaust.

Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Rick. I had the same sounding noise from my Macan after I had owned for a couple of weeks. It was the bonnet hinges that needed adjustment. Try pressing on the vertical sides of the bonnet near the doors - you should be able to replicate the sound. I guess that when your car was in the garage the bonnet was opened and shut a few times.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 pm Rick. I had the same sounding noise from my Macan after I had owned for a couple of weeks. It was the bonnet hinges that needed adjustment. Try pressing on the vertical sides of the bonnet near the doors - you should be able to replicate the sound. I guess that when your car was in the garage the bonnet was opened and shut a few times.
Thanks Mark, just checked the hinges they OK. What I have done is poke around underneath without raising the car to see if it's a heat shield issue. Below the drivers seat area whilst tapping about I came across a section of shield that seemed to contact the car when I tapped it, I think the shield is made of aluminium so it was easy to bend slightly which seemed to reduce the noise when I started my Macan and rev'd it. I haven't test driven it yet but suspect from others solving similar rattles with heat shield adjustment that I'm experiencing the same. I'm surprised that the OPC didn't rectify it when it was in for the pan roof seal and transfer box replacement, I mentioned it more than once in various Emails comms and their reply after allegedly test driving it was they couldn't hear anything though I said it was present every time I start, stop and drive it. To add insult to injury I've just treated the new pan roof seals with a U/V protector to find that there's a small hole in the wind deflector that wasn't there before the OPC fitted the new pan roof seals. I don't use a pan sun roof and if I had the choice wouldn't have one but it was on the car when I purchased it. I don't usually use them, but if I did I wonder if the air flow at speed would make the hole bigger.

20190317_131447.jpg

Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I would get that tear in the fabric replaced as it will no doubt get bigger over time. Sounds like another trip to the dealer - you are certaintly not having much luck.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm I would get that tear in the fabric replaced as it will no doubt get bigger over time. Sounds like another trip to the dealer - you are certaintly not having much luck.
I'm now becoming despondent with my first and possibly last Porsche vehicle due to all these issues. I checked the date on the two 111 point inspections sheets I've been provided with on request to find the first was completed by PC Reading 3 months before I purchased the Macan, I assumed it should be completed as part of a sale to confirm at point of sale a vehicle meets the Porsche Approved Used Vehicle standard, anything could happen in 3 months. This explains why the OPC I purchased the Macan from didn't supply me with the original 111 point inspection sheet as part of the handover pack, they didn't do it.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Paul

Post by Paul »

RickZ wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:45 am
mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm I would get that tear in the fabric replaced as it will no doubt get bigger over time. Sounds like another trip to the dealer - you are certaintly not having much luck.
I'm now becoming despondent with my first and possibly last Porsche vehicle due to all these issues. I checked the date on the two 111 point inspections sheets I've been provided with on request to find the first was completed by PC Reading 3 months before I purchased the Macan, I assumed it should be completed as part of a sale to confirm at point of sale a vehicle meets the Porsche Approved Used Vehicle standard, anything could happen in 3 months. This explains why the OPC I purchased the Macan from didn't supply me with the original 111 point inspection sheet as part of the handover pack, they didn't do it.
Duplucate post?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8456
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Paul wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 am
Duplucate post?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8456
Paul, for some reason I try to delete a post and receive a post can't be deleted on the forum message. I'm a member of many forums, this is the first one to prevent posts from being deleted.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

It sounds like you're having a tough time here. I would honestly a) sell it and get something else to move on or b) take it back to them and negotiate an exchange. It took me 1 DPF failure to throw my toys out of the pram. If you let this go on for too long, you'll be ruled by the slightest thing on the car.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Something doesn’t quite add up. Why would Reading be doing an 111 point check 3 months before. Are you definitely sure the car is not a PEC car as their cars are supplied by Reading.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:56 pm Something doesn’t quite add up. Why would Reading be doing an 111 point check 3 months before. Are you definitely sure the car is not a PEC car as their cars are supplied by Reading.
Due to being given two stories by PC Nottingham regarding the previous Porsche ownership of my Macan I contacted Porsche UK who I assumed would have all the details and received the following reply.

"I can confirm that your Porsche has been on site here at Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited and has been used as a PCGB Internal Fleet Vehicle and has been used for Demonstrator and Exhibitions"

I informed them of my disappointment with my first Porsche and the Porsche brand detailing my experience so far including the excessive brake disc wear raising questions regarding why this has happened. I asked for clarification of what PCGB Internal Fleet Vehicle, Demonstrator and Exhibitions means to be informed that when I car goes into the Porsche system there's no record of exactly what it's been used for, they thought it wouldn't have been used as a PEC vehicle though wouldn't say it hasn't. I found it difficult to believe that Porsche GB don't have some form of audit trail for the period they owned my Macan. I intimated to them that failure to provide me with proof of history and deny it had been used on the track suggested it may have been a PEC vehicle. The other thing that seems odd is that when Reading completed the 111 inspection they also completed a wheel alignment check and adjusted the front wheels but when Nottingham completed the 111 after I requested them to they didn't complete an alignment check. I suspect an alignment check isn't part of the 111 inspection raising the question why did Reading do it, my experience of Porsche so far is that they don't do anything they don't need to do.

I've informed them I have 3 days remaining to reject the vehicle under the 30 day rule in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and have no option but to initiate this course of action before the 30 days is up if I don't receive more information. I've given this a great deal of thought and feel I have more than enough evidence since purchasing my Macan to go down this root though I'd prefer not to.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold