Body shop recommendations?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a body shop in London or the south east to undertake minor scratch and chip spraying?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Macan forum on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VanB

Post by VanB »

I recently used ChipsAway for a couple of full depth chips which were pretty substantial and I’m delighted with the results. Roughly 30% of the cost of an equivalent body shop repair and I would defy anyone to identify where it had been done. Whilst I’m happy ChipsAway is a franchise so service very operator dependent and I would advise checking references/reviews before engaging with them
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I too had excellent results using ChipsAway for recifying stone chips. Brilliant job and two of them spent a whole morning doing the job using their fully equipped van at my house. Charged just £120.

The franchisee that I used, Ian Lawrence, operates from Weymouth.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I have also used this type of service and recommended it to others; I say 'this type of service' because 'ChipsAway' operatives have 'franchise' overheads so if you can find an operator (e.g. ex-ChipsAway guy) not affiliated, he can do it for a better price. Unfortunately the chap I have used is 200 miles north of you.
eakae

Post by eakae »

Hi there,

It might be helpful to speak to Andrew at Bellissimoto. Could be based fairly close to you. http://www.bellissimoto.co.uk.

If you want to go down the smart repair route, East London OPC recommends Shine! . I used ChipsAway on an old car but didn’t have the same experience as others on here. As has been mentioned, it really depends on who covers your area.
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

Thanks everyone, I will see if chips away can help.

Re: Eakae - Andrew detailed my car when new, a true professional. I didn’t know he deals with scratches etc. I will call him and look into Shine too.