Does my 2015 Macan S Diesel have a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser ?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gkasus

Post by gkasus »

Trying to an insurance quote online and they ask if my car has Thatcham Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser. After looking up my documentation, I am not certain if my car has them.

In the copy of Macan price list/catalogue, it says somewhere that :

"All Macan models are equipped with an engine immobiliser. It works in response to an automatic exchange of data between the key and vehicle electronics. On correct identification, the engine start will be authorised by the engine electronics.

Every Macan model is also protected by an alarm system. On request, this can be upgraded to include ultrasonic interior surveillance. The security system monitors all four doors, the bonnet, the entire rear hatch, the interior, the ignition and any trailer that you have hitched to the car"

But further down the catalogue, it says only the Turbo has it as standard and not available for the other models.

Does anyone know for sure if my car (delivered in Oct 2015) has them ? If so, are they Thatcham Cat 1 ?

Thanks

Guy

Post by Guy »

Have a look here: https://www.thatcham.org/wp-content/upl ... 019-OE.pdf

And do a search for 'Macan'. I think the answer is yes!
gkasus

Post by gkasus »

Guy,

Thanks for the very useful link to the Thatcham document. It has the exact information I needed.

Cheers
Guy

Post by Guy »

No worries - mine's a Sep 15 SD so it was useful for me to research too!
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. I'd be happy to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.