Car detailing

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Hi,

Not relevant to most i know, but I live in Nottingham and am looking for a good car detailing company [not mobile] my SD is 3.5 years old now and I intend to keep for the foreseeable future so would like to get it looking "newer" again, its in really good condition but has the standard light swirls from washing.
Can anyone recommend a local car detailer please?
Any idea on costs?
Cheers
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGEN3JG2

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Costs can be very varied depending on many factors like the condition of the paint, what kind of coating you wish to use etc. I have used G techniq and if you go for the full package of Crystal.Serum Black with Exo it could set you back close to £1200.
I had it applied to all my cars and love it. Will apply going forward to all my cars as well..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Cheers Bogus,
Just don't want to be caught out with a dodgy company, as there is no way back if things go wrong, yes heard G techniq is v good
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Same as bogus. All my cars have been Gtechniq topped with exo from new and very happy.

The most important part is the quality of the work froma reputable detailer. Also because you have swirls I would suggest you have a decent machine polish to remove these before having anything applied.

If going Gtechniq then you can go onto thier website to find an approved detailer who then offer the guarantee. You can even price it up (which your local detailer may be able to offer a small discount).
A full machine polish and Gtechniq process will take 3-4 days and your detailer should have the correct environment to do this.

Other ceramic coatings are also available giving you a similar finish. Sorry can’t help based on your location though.
GTS 😀
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

Just up the road from Nottingham in Doncaster is a recommended retailer called cleandetail.co.uk
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Spicky wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:58 pm Hi,

Not relevant to most i know, but I live in Nottingham and am looking for a good car detailing company [not mobile] my SD is 3.5 years old now and I intend to keep for the foreseeable future so would like to get it looking "newer" again, its in really good condition but has the standard light swirls from washing.
Can anyone recommend a local car detailer please?
Any idea on costs?
Cheers
You are entering a world of magic and tricksters. After years of washing, cleaning and finally detailing my own cars my advice is to view some of the work done by which ever company you choose. I have a DA (Dual Action) polisher which cost about £150, some pads and compound and a few years experience. You really can do it yourself with a few helpful videos on YouTube. Beware of the latest wonder product. They appear more often than the latest hit it straighter and longer golf club. The Key is preparation. It's no use using expensive wax or ceramic coating if the paint is mucky and gritty. Ceramic coatings are on for years so any cock up preparing your paint and you are buggered. Unless you want to go for perfection, have a go yourself. It takes a day, patience and some dry not too hot weather. 18-20c is ideal. Pay between £300-£500 for a competent detailer to do the paint and maybe the wheels with quality products. I enjoy doing it which also helps. Perhaps a professional may pick out mistakes on my car but I'm happy with it. Due to do it again next month.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Cheshire Cat,

I'm on my way :)
SQ52GTS

Post by SQ52GTS »

Have a look at White Details at Torksey near Lincoln, got website and you can see a lot of his work on facebook.He’s Gtechniq approved.
Did a great job on my GTS.
2016 Sapphire GTS with 21 Black Classics.
2018 Sapphire GTS without Black Classics.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:14 pm I have a DA (Dual Action) polisher which cost about £150, some pads and compound and a few years experience. You really can do it yourself with a few helpful videos on YouTube. Beware of the latest wonder product.
quote]

Can I know . . . what are the latest wonder products I should avoid?
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

By 'Wonder products' I don't mean anything specific. Ceramic coatings are in vogue and are very good, but as I said, the paint has to be perfect before it's applied or you are stuck with something that won't easily come off, which is one of it's benefits, and may still have imperfections sealed in. Also, never expect perfection with whoever you use or try yourself, it will just drive you crackers otherwise.

I did polish up a 911 for a friend of mine who is a wheelchair user which had been neglected for years. If I knew how to post pictures I would show them. Good luck.

PS Weather is too cold to do any paint correction outside just now.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.