Miami Blue

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ianst

Post by ianst »

Tempted....

Will we take a hit on resale though? Thoughts?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Of course you will. But will it be any worse than any other colour? Probably not. You will only know when you come to sell it, whatever anyone might post!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

ianst wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:47 pm Tempted....

Will we take a hit on resale though? Thoughts?
Marmite⁉️ 🤔😳😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

An OPC selling you a Miami Blue charges you a premium.
An OPC buying your Miami Blue will probably tell you it’s a lovely colour but would be harder to sell so offers you less for it on a part ex.

But if it’s the colour you want and you are 100% happy with it and happy to take any possible loss the go for it.

I will always maintain be 100% happy with your choice even if it’s costs you a little bit more than driving something that may niggle at you and wished you did something different.

Miami Blue is lovely on the Macan in the flesh 😊
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Personally I think when you come to sell you will loose out on trade in value significantly.

Non standard colours will surely only be attractive to a small group of buyers.

Whereas a Sapphire Blue or Platiunum Silver will be much more saleable in the future.

The exotic colours Miami Blue and Mamba Green may look great now but in three years or more they will look, well odd. Just like the Yellow Ocre craze that hppened years ago, once out of fashion nobody wanted them.

That said, its only money, go with what you want and enjoy it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I love Miami on a Boxster, Cayman or 911 but when I saw it on a Macan in the flesh it just looked odd. If you've seen it, you like it and you can leave with it long term then buy it, you only live once.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

In a world of dull cars you'd definitely stand out! My OPC had a Macan 2.0 in Miami Blue and I loved it. My wife not so much. The SE said he personally would tire of the colour pretty quickly. So definitely a Marmite choice. And almost certainly there'd be a hit on resale value. But at the end of the day it's going to be your car for a number of years and I have to say I'd walk up to it with a grin on my face every time.

The same OPC also had a 718 Boxster in Crayon and I thought that looked fantastic (my wife too). But Crayon on the Macan, I'm a bit "meh". So it just goes to show, it's really down to personal taste :)

My advice would be get what you want - life is way too short to worry about the odd £1 or £2k(?) of resale hit on a £60k motor :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Macman

Post by Macman »

If you like the Miami Blue, go for it! Brighten up the roads a bit, give us a break from the dreary monochrome colours and don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd. We’ve owned a yellow Mini Cooper and a yellow Cayman in the past, both were dead easy to sell at the same market price as grey ones.

We have a sapphire blue Macan which looks superb today sat on the drive after being washed yesterday. It will please me every time I look at it for the next few years, that’s what’s important.
Porsche history: 924 S, 944 S2, 996.2, 987.1, Macan S
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

It's a fantastic colour.
VanB

Post by VanB »

As said before Miami looks good on the sports cars but probably OTT on a Macan. It will definitely limit your market come resale and I think it will date quite quickly on all cars but, if you love it, why not?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate