2019 S - 1 week of ownership

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Hi all,

I've had 500 miles out of my car now and here are first impressions.

Air suspension: brilliant, well worth it, the ride is smooth and when you want to make progress but it in sport + and let the car squat down and suspension stiffen up.

21 RS alloys look great, no ride issues with air suspension. Probably should of chose the steering options as wheel feels a little bit heaver when manoeuvring in car parks etc.

Pano roof: Great makes cabin feel spacious and kids love it.

Chrono: Cool , i've done a few launches, quite fun.

Standard Exhaust: Very very quiet inside. Wish I'd opted for the sports exhaust.

Standard seats, very good, much more comfortable than S5 leather seats, no slipping around in corners. No issues with seat bolster "creasing". To be honest i'd be gutted if i had spent £2K on leather knowing how good the standard seats were.

MPG : 17

Bose: pretty good

Performance: My main gripe, 0-60 is quick, but real world performance is no better than a 325d. Bit disappointing IMO, most oil burners after 30mph can keep up with the Macan S. Its weight certainly shows compared to my S5 with the same engine. I'd say the car is swift but not fast.
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.

pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

Thanks for feedback, I pick my S up on the 5th April. I have a few similar options including 21 RS Spyder wheels, pano, etc. I have PASM but not air.

I too have the standard exhaust - didnt want to pay £1,700 for some additional noise ! How does the car sound outside (I am happy with it being quiet inside) ?
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

You are probably correct saying the car is swift but not fast. They are fast enough, and fast for a 2 ton SUV :D :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you are enjoying it.

When you start the car you should have the exhaust flaps open, they will stay open until you get about 50m away or when the car changes gear.

Do not bother about PSE wait until you are through running it in, then floor the throttle and just listen to the glorious sound of your V6.

You have found what I have been banging on about for ages yet continue to get others belittling my opinion, specify PS+, who wants to pay £60k on a car and have to haul it around when parking. The good news for you is, it is only a Software Update which your OPC can easily do for you, the downside is that it costs far more than specifying it as part of the build,

Performance comments are a bit concerning, a 325D is at least a second slower on the 0-60 dash, yes the oil burner will get off the mark quick as does a Macan SD but it will be overhauled by a Macan S. A Beamer 335D is another matter they have so much torque even I in my Turbo would struggle to get past in a straight drag.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

frankstar123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:46 am MPG : 17
Ouch!
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Quite a luke warm review then.. are you not happy with it ?
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

I'm happy with it, it looks stunning, and its great to drive.

With regards to the performance, the 0-60 is quick yes, however 30-60 or 30-100 does not feel that quick, obviously because 4x4 doesn't play a part and its a 2 tonne car, personally i like to have a car thats quicker than the normal company 2.0 diesel brigade. from 30mph onwards a Macan S aint that quicker than a high output 2.0 diesel.
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

sorry i sort of disagree on the performance side of things, its deceptively quick in my opinion, and keeps pulling well for a 2 TON SUV, on saying that, at first i did think it was a bit numb, but once i saw the MPH ticking over at a great rate i soon realized it was quicker than i first thought.

Exhaust noise, or lack of not a problem for me, ok not ear bashing sound, but it is what it is, just raw power & smooth transmission a total pleasure to drive.
PD1976

Post by PD1976 »

Forgiven my ignorance. Is this review on the basis of the 2.0 or 3.0 petrol? I'm picking my 3.0 petrol up tomorrow.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

PD1976 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:11 pm Forgiven my ignorance. Is this review on the basis of the 2.0 or 3.0 petrol? I'm picking my 3.0 petrol up tomorrow.
It's the 3.0
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,