Ex Porsche Chauffeur/Taxi Vehicles

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

RickZ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:31 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 pm
You may find that referring your complaint to Porsche GB is asking the culprit to judge themselves responsible, you might get Porsche GB to jump a little higher if you get to them through their boss at . . . . contact@porsche.de
I wonder if they'd refer it straight back to Porsche UK.
They will refer it the UK but it is likely that Germany will want a report back and even if they don't make that request it will make Porsche UK less inclined to brush it under the table.

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:20 pm
RickZ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:31 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 pm
You may find that referring your complaint to Porsche GB is asking the culprit to judge themselves responsible, you might get Porsche GB to jump a little higher if you get to them through their boss at . . . . contact@porsche.de
I wonder if they'd refer it straight back to Porsche UK.
They will refer it the UK but it is likely that Germany will want a report back and even if they don't make that request it will make Porsche UK less inclined to brush it under the table.
Rick, You could try a different approach. Ask them how many miles the vehicle has covered, from the time of the vehicle check, to when they told you about the need for discs and pads. It would appear that at the time of the check, the brakes were at their limit or very very near indeed. And did they think it was allright to put a vehicle up for sale like this, with the brakes so close to needing replacement. Just a thought.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Update - My OPC Principle has agreed to replace the Macan and requested my preferred options which I've forwarded to him. I'm now waiting to see what Macans the group have in stock. I've advised my preference is for the facelift version to avoid transfer box issues and any involvement with the chauffeur taxi program in London. I'm intrigued as to what happened with the other 99 Porsches involved in the chauffeur taxi program, were they also sold without the new owners being informed at point of sale....
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
ianst

Post by ianst »

good result, getting a 2.0 or an S?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

ianst wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:32 pm good result, getting a 2.0 or an S?
I'm still waiting for the options which are due today, I have a 2.0L, I've informed the OPC and Porsche Cars GB that it's reasonable to be considered for a healthy recompense given the amount of hassle I've been subject to as a consequence of them not following regulations/law. Given what's happened I do wonder if they knew all along but decided not to disclose the history of this Macan for fear of losing money. There are another 99 of these ex chauffeur taxi vehicles out there somewhere owned by people who haven't got a clue about their history. The clue for anybody reading this who think they may have purchased one of these vehicles is to measure brake disc thickness and calculate the % wear then compare it to the number of miles completed from new. Mine was front 30% and rear 20% at 3000 miles which sounded the alarm bells. I believe 67 plate vehicles where used.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Guy

Post by Guy »

RickZ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm I've advised my preference is for the facelift version to avoid transfer box issues ...
I don't think there's any guarantee that the 'facelift' version (or Macan 2) will not have transfer box issues. I personally think that the jury's still out on whether they have modified the box appropriately to resolve the longer term problem :?
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Guy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 am
RickZ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm
I don't think there's any guarantee that the 'facelift' version (or Macan 2) will not have transfer box issues. I personally think that the jury's still out on whether they have modified the box appropriately to resolve the longer term problem :?
Having had the transfer box on my 67 plate Macan replaced hopefully with a late 68 or 19 plate Macan there may be less likelihood of the same happening, I agree there's no guarantee though.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
pmg

Post by pmg »

Guy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 am
RickZ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm I've advised my preference is for the facelift version to avoid transfer box issues ...
But at least a facelift as a longer Porsche initial guarantee outstanding of at least 2 and a half years. In that time we should know whether the issue has been solved. This was one of the reasons I have gone for a new S rather than a 16 or 17 year GTS. plus the facelift has the larger screen and updated PCM plus suspension improvements.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

All my interaction with Porsche has suggested a "like for like" compromise. If you had a '17 2.0, they're looking for the same spec car in that year. Don't bank on having a '19 2.0 or anything else for that matter unless you're prepared to put in equity yourself. The "hassle" factor is a nebulous concept and not easily quantified which is why it will ultimately come down to you negotiating something reasonable.
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^

They will use the original price actually paid (not what the car may or may not have been advertised for) and subtract this from whichever stock vehicle you choose.

Then notion of “compensation” or betterment will not be a factor.

They will, of course, have a margin in whichever stock vehicle you choose and this will be the horse-trading arena😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465