Ex Porsche Chauffeur/Taxi Vehicles

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm All my interaction with Porsche has suggested a "like for like" compromise. If you had a '17 2.0, they're looking for the same spec car in that year. Don't bank on having a '19 2.0 or anything else for that matter unless you're prepared to put in equity yourself. The "hassle" factor is a nebulous concept and not easily quantified which is why it will ultimately come down to you negotiating something reasonable.
From the dramatic change in attitude I do wonder whether both Porsche Cars GB and the OPC have contacted their legal departments to find they did break the law in not supplying the missing history which influenced my decision to buy. I've informed both parties that given the circumstances it's not unreasonable to receive recompense for the stress and inconvenience this situation has caused and continues to cause until resolved. I have my expectation regarding what form this recompense should take which will be discussed once the OPC Principal supplies the promised details of vehicles considered suitable replacements at some point today. Watch this space....
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

VanB

Post by VanB »

The OPC was wrong to be economical with the truth about the history of your car but they moved very swiftly to correct faults and I suspect their actions would be deemed reasonable in ensuring that you were in a car of "merchantable quality". If you manage to get into a 2019 Macan for no cost then fair play but I wouldnt hold your breath.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Paul wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:12 pm ^^

They will use the original price actually paid (not what the car may or may not have been advertised for) and subtract this from whichever stock vehicle you choose.

Then notion of “compensation” or betterment will not be a factor.

They will, of course, have a margin in whichever stock vehicle you choose and this will be the horse-trading arena😉
Well put. That's more like what I experienced. They were, to be fair, in my situation, looking for the same model year, same'ish spec and same'ish price but ultimately it came down to more equity in for the one they chose and them eating a little of the margin.

You've put it perfectly frankly.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Guy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 am
RickZ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm I've advised my preference is for the facelift version to avoid transfer box issues ...
I don't think there's any guarantee that the 'facelift' version (or Macan 2) will not have transfer box issues. I personally think that the jury's still out on whether they have modified the box appropriately to resolve the longer term problem :?
VW group have ben using this type of transfer box from 2003 whenthey first started producing SUVs, Cayenne and Touareg, and have been having the same problems / failures for then. If they havent been able to get to the bottom of the issue by now, dont be banking on them having fivxed it yet.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

VanB wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:12 pm The OPC was wrong to be economical with the truth about the history of your car but they moved very swiftly to correct faults and I suspect their actions would be deemed reasonable in ensuring that you were in a car of "merchantable quality". If you manage to get into a 2019 Macan for no cost then fair play but I wouldnt hold your breath.
I have no complaints about the OPC response to the warranty repairs other than why such obvious defects were missed during the pre sale inspection. This was all sorted out and I planned to move on and enjoy my Macan. Unfortunately the point of sale misinformation issue became evident later and has no relationship to the warranty work. When misinformation leads to a purchase the law is clear including the right to be recompensed. As someone said earlier in this thread, given the circumstances I should seek a healthy contribution toward a replacement Macan. Merchantable quality still means sellable at a price governed by a number of things including previous use. Selling for a price based on misinformation is a little more than being economical with the truth...
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
VanB

Post by VanB »

I shall watch developments with interest.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

😊👍
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Update: My OPC is bringing in a Dec 2018 68 plate Volcano Grey Macan with 4000 miles on the clock and reasonable spec. I could do with a bit of advice, this vehicle was service/loan vehicle, I've used Porsche loan cars but I'm a reasonably gentle driver and never hammered them. Any thoughts on buying service/loan vehicles, has anybody bought one.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
andreas

Post by andreas »

RickZ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:23 pm Update: My OPC is bringing in a Dec 2018 68 plate Volcano Grey Macan with 4000 miles on the clock and reasonable spec. I could do with a bit of advice, this vehicle was service/loan vehicle, I've used Porsche loan cars but I'm a reasonably gentle driver and never hammered them. Any thoughts on buying service/loan vehicles, has anybody bought one.
I reckon most people are fairly cautious in loaners, so it's unlikely to have been badly treated. I bought a 6 month old Land Rover loaner 7 years ago and that's been OK (apart from being a Land Rover).
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

andreas wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm

I reckon most people are fairly cautious in loaners, so it's unlikely to have been badly treated. I bought a 6 month old Land Rover loaner 7 years ago and that's been OK (apart from being a Land Rover).
As somebody rightly said to me, most people who use Porsche loan cars drive them with care due to the £500+ excess due if they damage it....
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold