Ex Porsche Chauffeur/Taxi Vehicles

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

T4LGO wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 am
Macananon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:00 pm
It was Macananon who said that.

I wondered the same as you. I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby when he's doing it as it would be neither safe nor legal.
So no one on here has accelerated hard, braked hard and pushed on round empty islands and twisty country lanes. All these can be done safely yet still push the limits of the car.
I never mentioned seeing how fast a car go in a straight line which to me is not what a Porsche is all about.
Agree .. every demo I've ever had I have explored the performance.. as in reality most petrolheads will, and its things like not warming it up ect that would worry me.. having said that the 2.0 Macan is the slowest and worst handling (relatively) Porsche now the derv is no longer, so others with more exotic machines may just use it as transportation.
The 2.0 litre is lighter up front and therefore some of the road tests say it handles better than S. Cayennes due to bulk handle worse than Macans and base Cayenne similar performance to 2.0 Macan.

Ps From a man just about to catch a train to OPC to pick up his new S this am.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Well.. you know what I mean I don't want to start a debate.. its all relative.
I hope you enjoy the hand over .. we expect lots of pics ! Whats your spec...
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Update - I test drove the ex service loaner today, it seemed absolutely fine. I measured brake disc thickness at 7% wear fronts and 10% wear rears. Tread depth on Pirrelli P Zero's measured an all around average 5.6mm. At 4000 miles these measurements suggest it hadn't undergone excessive heavy braking as a consequence of being driven hard. Especially when compared to the Macan the OPC is taking back on which disc wear was 30% front and 20% rear at 3000 miles.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

RickZ wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm Update - I test drove the ex service loaner today, it seemed absolutely fine. I measured brake disc thickness at 7% wear fronts and 10% wear rears. Tread depth on Pirrelli P Zero's measured an all around average 5.6mm. At 4000 miles these measurements suggest it hadn't undergone excessive heavy braking as a consequence of being driven hard. Especially when compared to the Macan the OPC is taking back on which disc wear was 30% front and 20% rear at 3000 miles.
So are you swapping to that one ?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

RickZ wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm Update - I test drove the ex service loaner today, it seemed absolutely fine. I measured brake disc thickness at 7% wear fronts and 10% wear rears. Tread depth on Pirrelli P Zero's measured an all around average 5.6mm. At 4000 miles these measurements suggest it hadn't undergone excessive heavy braking as a consequence of being driven hard. Especially when compared to the Macan the OPC is taking back on which disc wear was 30% front and 20% rear at 3000 miles.
I think there's a potential benefit in taking a loaner vehicle in that a variety of drivers will have given it a mix of running in, rather than one bad driver using it all the time. Also, you know it's been used on the road, where it would be difficult to constantly cane the car. I can't help feeling the brake wear on the other car was either from someone driving around with their left foot on the brake or it was a track car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 am
I think there's a potential benefit in taking a loaner vehicle in that a variety of drivers will have given it a mix of running in, rather than one bad driver using it all the time. Also, you know it's been used on the road, where it would be difficult to constantly cane the car. I can't help feeling the brake wear on the other car was either from someone driving around with their left foot on the brake or it was a track car.
There’s 99 other Porsche’s out there somewhere used as part of the Posche taxi program in Central London. My Macan was part of that program, I suspect the excessive disc wear is due to the constant braking in London. Fortunately I found out and proved this lack of info at point of sale influenced my decision to buy which is against the law therefore the OPC must at least rewind the deal to a no loss position for me which they’ve done. I’ve decided to go for the loaner based on the test drive and measurements and got a reasonable deal at 4 months and 4000 miles including a goodwill gesture equating to 12% off a nearly new Macan. I’m cashing in the overpriced 6 week old RTI and alloy/tyre insurances supplied by the OPC and looking at buying RTI from ALA which looks equal to that sold by the OPC at nearly twice the price, I’m still looking into alloy/tyre insurance. I’d appreciate people’s thought on the best non OPC insurances...
Last edited by RickZ on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 am
Update - I test drove the ex service loaner today, it seemed absolutely fine. I measured brake disc thickness at 7% wear fronts and 10% wear rears. Tread depth on Pirrelli P Zero's measured an all around average 5.6mm. At 4000 miles these measurements suggest it hadn't undergone excessive heavy braking as a consequence of being driven hard. Especially when compared to the Macan the OPC is taking back on which disc wear was 30% front and 20% rear at 3000 miles.
[/quote]
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Great .. I hope this one is perfect.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

T4LGO wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 am Great .. I hope this one is perfect.
As I said to the OPC when we shook on the deal, I hope I don't have to visit them again for 20mths when the first service is due. The replacement Macan certainly doesn't rattle under the car every time it start/stop and over some bumps. It also doesn't have the occasional bump on left turns as though a wheel has hit the curb when it clearly hasn't, it still happens though a replacement transfer box was fitted 5 weeks ago. There used to be a saying with a problematic car, was it a Monday or Friday car, maybe it still applies....
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Macananon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 am
So are you swapping to that one ?
Yes..
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold