Ex Porsche Chauffeur/Taxi Vehicles

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

If you want to know how it has been driven, take a tread depth meter and look at the tyres. It should be pretty obvious. They start with 7-8mm on them. If they are down to 4mm, it has been hammered. If 6mm then it is probably fine... same as the first car you had. With only 4000 miles they should be original tyres and provide a simple window on what had happened since it was new.

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Not likely to have been particularly well run in. I know many will say they don't need it but?
Yes nine out of ten will drive it carefully but the tenth will drive it like they stole it.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

RickZ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:28 pm
andreas wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm

I reckon most people are fairly cautious in loaners, so it's unlikely to have been badly treated. I bought a 6 month old Land Rover loaner 7 years ago and that's been OK (apart from being a Land Rover).
As somebody rightly said to me, most people who use Porsche loan cars drive them with care due to the £500+ excess due if they damage it....
I've always given loaners a real hard drive, mainly because they are normally something I haven't driven before so want to explore the cars limits.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Ian.g wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:21 pm If you want to know how it has been driven, take a tread depth meter and look at the tyres. It should be pretty obvious. They start with 7-8mm on them. If they are down to 4mm, it has been hammered. If 6mm then it is probably fine... same as the first car you had. With only 4000 miles they should be original tyres and provide a simple window on what had happened since it was new.
I'm taking a micrometer to measure brake disc wear and a tread depth gauge, it only takes a few minutes, I've been bitten by Porsche once it won't happen again. Any more than 15% disc wear at 4000 miles and I won't be buying the Macan I'm test driving tomorrow. The Macan that's being replaced had 30% front and 20% rear disc wear at 3000 miles with only 0.5mm tread wear as expected for a vehicle used as a posh taxi in Central London, lots of start stopping and applying brakes.....
Last edited by RickZ on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Rickz
Please tell me you find a road in the UK where you can "explore the cars limits"?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Davidone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 pm Rickz
Please tell me you find a road in the UK where you can "explore the cars limits"?
It was Macananon who said that.

I wondered the same as you. I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby when he's doing it as it would be neither safe nor legal.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Nope, loaners sit on my drive in case I need a car, often I don't....
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:00 pm

I wondered the same as you. I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby when he's doing it as it would be neither safe nor legal.
So no one on here has accelerated hard, braked hard and pushed on round empty islands and twisty country lanes. All these can be done safely yet still push the limits of the car.
I never mentioned seeing how fast a car go in a straight line which to me is not what a Porsche is all about.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Macananon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 pm

So no one on here has accelerated hard, braked hard and pushed on round empty islands and twisty country lanes. All these can be done safely yet still push the limits of the car.
I never mentioned seeing how fast a car go in a straight line which to me is not what a Porsche is all about.
With you on that. I have also checked the mirrors and the motorway ahead and explored the upper limits.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Macananon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Agree .. every demo I've ever had I have explored the performance.. as in reality most petrolheads will, and its things like not warming it up ect that would worry me.. having said that the 2.0 Macan is the slowest and worst handling (relatively) Porsche now the derv is no longer, so others with more exotic machines may just use it as transportation.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9