Ex Porsche Chauffeur/Taxi Vehicles

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

I've just become aware that the history for my Macan isn't quite as told by the selling OPC sales rep who infomed me it had been a Porsche managers company car, later following warranty work the service dept informed me it had been used as a Chauffeur vehicle by Porsche Reading for select customers flying in and out of the country. After finding my 2.0L Macan had 30% worn front brake discs and 20% rear in 3000 miles I queried the history with Porsche UK who informed me it has been used as a "PCGB Internal Fleet Vehicle and has been used for Demonstrator and Exhibitions". I requested further clarification on exhibitions ie had it been used during Porsche Driving Experience Events at Silverstone but they couldn't tell me and weren't prepared to say it hadn't.

I'm now aware that the decision to purchase my Macan was influenced by speculative information from the sales rep. I paid for an online report to find my Macan had been registered with the BVRLA for lease and rental vehicles between Jan 2018 to November 20018. To cut a long story short I found out that VW did a deal with Gett a taxi ordering platform set up in competition with Uber in Central London. Porsche handed over 100 vehicles to Gett to offer an exclusive paid for chauffeur service(taxi) to select Porsche customers and Gett customers interested in purchasing a Porsche. This program operated for 6 months, the 100 vehicles involved and abused for 6 months in London ended up returning to the Porsche network to be sold.

My issue is that essentially my Macan has been used as a taxi and I wasn't informed in fact I was mis informed. If the discs have worn to the extent they have over a period of 1800 miles for a total of 3000 miles on 2.0L how much may the engine, clutch and drive train been affected. Is this the reason the alleged revised 2nd gen transfer box had to be replaced, who knows. Anyway I'm dealing with the OPC principal over this.

The main reason for raising this is to make all Porsche owners aware of this deal between VW and Gett in case you've unknowingly purchased one of the 100 vehicles involved in the deal and have experienced issues with it. Check the following links.

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/single-pos ... -promotion

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/single-pos ... e-off-road

https://www.insidehook.com/nation/porsc ... ice-london
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Not ideal knowing that your lovely new car was used as a taxi...... :(

Years ago I bought an ex hire car which actually turned out to be fine.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Hi Rick. All now starting to make sense. I seem to recall in the past when trading in cars there was always a statement to sign to say that the p/x car had not been used a a taxi or private hire vehicle. Shame that it does not seem to work both ways.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Looking back at your post on the health check, your front tyres are disproportionately worn compared to the rear. Mine (and I think most people’s) have gone down at a similar rate. Which makes me wonder about the way it has been driven. Perhaps the rears went down so fast they had to be replaced. Or maybe didn’t wear much at all. The wear on the fronts would go with heavy braking, as you might see in a car used like this. For comparison my SD has done 19.5k miles and is only about 30% worn with 3mm all round on the tyres. Maybe they should agree to replace these things for you either now or when they wear out since all is not as it seemed
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I've used that Gett service.....you just ordered it like a cab. It wasn't particularly expensive for the 'right' sort of distance.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

your original post and concerns did sound dodgy, I would take it back and get a refund.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:47 pm your original post and concerns did sound dodgy, I would take it back and get a refund.
I've informed the principal of the OPC that sold me the Macan of my findings and dissatisfaction over being mislead at point of sale. I await a response...
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Any Porsche coming onto the market with connections to Porsche reading has to be questionable.

I am sure we have had posts in the past where the car turned out to probably have been used at the PEC.

Personally I would not touch a Porsche that did not have a transparent cast iron history that I was satisfied with.

Full refund plus a very healthy discount should you buy another Porsche,
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Sorry to hear that Rick. Refund is in order!

This is why I don’t like buying performance cars from a 2nd hand market. People drive it like they stole it, then flip it... grrrr!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Is anybody familiar with the VW deal with Gett. I'm trying to close a hole in my info regarding where the 100 Porsches handed over as part of the deal were kept and how they were used during the alleged 3 days of the week they weren't being used by Gett...
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold