Side Lights

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Guy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 pm (But isn't this thread about sidelights, whatever they are?!)
I presume (I don't know) at some time in the past 'sidelights' must have been on the side of the car carriage. That's one for Susie on Countdown.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Pivot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:36 pm I understand that all Macan gen 2 have LED lights, however...
* Standard Macan has 4 round LED’s
* The vehicle on the right has optional adaptive/turning lights, with squinting bar LED’s
* The vehicle on the left is gen 1 with optional Xenon lights, which are very bright as well.

The one following you must have been a Macan gen 1 with standard lights, not even Xenon
The photo on the left is unusual in that it is taken with the ignition off. You have to look very carefully to see the location of the four LED DRL (how's that for an excess of TLA (three letter abbreviations) :D ). The halogen headlights look very similar as they are "projector" lights. As another poster has said, the DRL function is provided by the inner headlamps with halogen lights. The inners are just dummies when xenon lights are installed.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Guy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 pm (But isn't this thread about sidelights, whatever they are?!)
I presume (I don't know) at some time in the past 'sidelights' must have been on the side of the car carriage. That's one for Susie on Countdown.
As older forum members (like me :) ) will remember, there was a time before use of dipped headlights was made mandatory at night when people used to drive around at night with only the sidelights illuminated. What used to be called sidelights are now the parking lights (if anybody ever uses them). This thread is really about daylight running lights.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel