Side Lights

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I was just out there with a 67 plate Macan in my rear mirror and I was struck by the very unattractive front side lights (a warm white globe with a white stripe beneath). That was accentuated when a Q5 cut in front on him showing a shaped (bright) cool white side light. In spec'ing my car I never looked at or even considered lights and I could not recall ever seeing a pic of the standard lights . . . so rushing back to the computer I searched for pics and I am hoping the my car has the light on the blue car and not the grey car?

lights2.JPG

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I think you'll be alwhite. Sounds like you may have had a halogen light Macan behind you. All Gen 2 Macans have LED lights now and so will be bright white.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I understand that all Macan gen 2 have LED lights, however...
* Standard Macan has 4 round LED’s
* The vehicle on the right has optional adaptive/turning lights, with squinting bar LED’s
* The vehicle on the left is gen 1 with optional Xenon lights, which are very bright as well.

The one following you must have been a Macan gen 1 with standard lights, not even Xenon
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I can't find a pic of the standard headlight cluster. (Oliver, if your reading this) it would be helpful when offering choices (extras) if there was a pic of what was standard.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Standard LED above
PDLS LED below

You can check yourself on the ‘configurator’
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

I found this photo, it is of the 2019 base 2.0l model. The main headlights are rounded not lines like the other picture, but the low level lights are just LED strip lights not those globe lights of the older model.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Ah - nice, they'll do for me, thanks Pivot / Sal.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

These are all the front headlight variations:

Generation 1 - pre facelift
  • Halogen headlamps - DRL provided by inner headlamp
  • Xenon headlamps (including PDLS) - DRL provided by 4 LED circles in a square shape
  • Above option also available in black
  • LED headlamps (including PDLS Plus) - DRL provided by 4 LED rectangles in a parallelogram shape
Generation 1 - post facelift
  • LED headlamps - DRL provided by 4 LED circles in a square shape
  • LED headlamps (including PDLS Plus) - DRL provided by 4 LED slim lines in a cross shape
  • Above option also available in black
So seven variations in total. Although the latest Macan comes with LEDs as standard, they're very basic headlamps in comparison to the LEDs on the pre facelift. Obviously Porsche wants to entice us with upgrade options.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ You could also have PDLS Plus with 'Generation 1 - pre-facelift' Xenons :D

(But isn't this thread about sidelights, whatever they are?!)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Whilst we're on the subject of LEDs etc, does anyone know the power output (lumens?) of the phase 2 LEDs?
I ask, because the phase 1 needed power washers for the headlamps whereas the phase 2 doesn't seem to have these?
Is this because the phase 1 also had xenons as an option which do need washers, or because the phase 2 LEDs aren’t as powerful.....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465