Gtechniq

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TJP40

Post by TJP40 »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 am I am finding myself drawn into a world where we throw money at a car like it's confetti. After starting at ground zero £48k and after weeks of great discomfort and £15k later I find myself in a warm comfortable place willy nilly chipping in an extra k here and there. Now I am stepping back and asking myself is £1,300 worth watching rainwater bead up on my bonnet? Gtechniq clearly state It's 18 hours of work. Guessing at £300 max for materials that more than £50 and hour for a man whose sole qualifications are soft cloth and an ability to embrace tedium. And what happens after 9 years when the stuff starts peeling off?
This made me laugh! I made a post about budgeting (although in hindsight poorly worded) about that line we draw when we feel we're spending too much on something. For example a friend got it into his head that he wanted to race cars so bought a cheap race specced Clio for about £5k....he then found out why it was cheap! Roll on 2 months and his project now owes him £15k and he hasn't even raced yet and now wonders why the f*ck he got himself into this! :lol:

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Meguiars ultimate polish vs meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax vs Autoglym super resin polish

All of these products look good but which is the best? And . . . . will £1,300 Gtechniq get me a £1,280 better finish?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am Meguiars ultimate polish vs meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax vs Autoglym super resin polish

All of these products look good but which is the best? And . . . . will £1,300 Gtechniq get me a £1,280 better finish?
Can I suggest that you find a Pro Detailer near where you live and have a talk with them to see if they will let you see a before and after.

I was blown away at how my Met Black Macan looked after treatment.

6E2738AB-874F-40D6-8D9B-64D86E5D297C.jpeg

That said I would not have a ceramic coating done again by a Pro, I would go down the DIY route.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

My OPC agreed to do Gtechniq Platinum on my new Macan at no cost. I think they did no treatment.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

andreas wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm My OPC agreed to do Gtechniq Platinum on my new Macan at no cost. I think they did no treatment.
If they did a Gtechniq coating you should have a Warranty Certificate for it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

I too thought that the extra expense of Gtechniq was sheer stupidity and vulgar excess....however 2 years ago my S underwent the full treatment ( black + exo etc) at Revolution Detailing in Bristol. It was money well spent, 2 years on it looks better than showroom and whilst is still needs washing :) it is so much easier and well worth the expense.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

One of my golf buddies noticed quite a bad scratch on his car today (parked in the car park possibly a trolley or somebody / something going past rubbing up against it) . . . . I know the ceramic coating promises a hard surface.
1. Would the ceramic coating be hard enough to prevent such scratches.
2. If his car had been ceramic coated and scratched and the scratch sorted by e.g. 'Chips Away' would he then have to pay for that door to be ceramic coated again or the whole car to be re-ceramic coated?
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 pm One of my golf buddies noticed quite a bad scratch on his car today (parked in the car park possibly a trolley or somebody / something going past rubbing up against it) . . . . I know the ceramic coating promises a hard surface.
1. Would the ceramic coating be hard enough to prevent such scratches.
2. If his car had been ceramic coated and scratched and the scratch sorted by e.g. 'Chips Away' would he then have to pay for that door to be ceramic coated again or the whole car to be re-ceramic coated?
Please read this. It should answer every question you have. It’s a very honest and accurate description of lots of questions. This is for Gtechniq only and NOT for any other company. They are all different.

https://gtechniq.com/customer-service/faq/
GTS 😀
andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 pm
andreas wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm My OPC agreed to do Gtechniq Platinum on my new Macan at no cost. I think they did no treatment.
I don't have a warranty certificate.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
pmg

Post by pmg »

andreas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:03 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 pm
I don't have a warranty certificate.
Look at platinum website http://gtechniqplatinum.com/guarantee-registration/

You have to register, see next page there should be a number on the sticker on car

http://gtechniqplatinum.com/guarantee-registration/
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8