Gtechniq

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GoldJono

Post by GoldJono »

My Macan S at the detailers following new car paint correction and crystal serum black.

2953B944-83A5-4C75-8928-EC05A127F491.jpeg

Current: 2019 Macan S Mamba Green
Current: 2015 981 Cayman Saphire Blue
Previous: 2017 Audi RS3 Ara blue
Previous: 2007 Audi TT Ibis White
Previous: 1997 Mk 1 Mazda MX5

wilko

Post by wilko »

My new cayenne was done by Solihull opc prior to collection. I negotiated it in the price, so free, and applied by a gtechniq trained tech.
I can’t fault the finish,, and the first two washes have been extremely easy.
Comes with a 5 year guarantee, as they are an approved installer.
I also think you’re more likely to get it sorted if there’s any issues by a multi million pound opc than a small detailing company.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

GoldJono wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 pm My Macan S at the detailers following new car paint correction and crystal serum black.
Nice - can I know how much?
Also, looking on-line for Gtechniq approved detailers in my area the options I am presented with are Platinum, Gold, Silver not crystal black, what's the difference?
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Goldjono....stunning Mamba Green, sure to turn heads!
Macan SD Sapphire Blue sold April 19
Macan S Night Blue collected May 19
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Mamba green is stunning in the flesh.

Lovely looking detailed Macan 👍
GTS 😀
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

'Detailing' is a process I have never heard of before joining this forum. I have some questions . . .
From my reading here Gtechniq is the best system/process? If that is the case why is not available from the OPC?
Why is Gtechniq superior to others?
What is available from the OPC and why is it inferior?
GoldJono

Post by GoldJono »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:31 pm
GoldJono wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 pm My Macan S at the detailers following new car paint correction and crystal serum black.
Nice - can I know how much?
Also, looking on-line for Gtechniq approved detailers in my area the options I am presented with are Platinum, Gold, Silver not crystal black, what's the difference?
It was £1020 excluding VAT, crystal serum black is Cristal serum ultra with exo applied on top and only be applied by authorised detailers. Dealers and most detailers can only apply crystal serum light. Crystal serum ultra / black has a 9 year warranty, but is more difficult and time consuming to apply, 16 hours plus versus 4 hours for crystal serum light.
Current: 2019 Macan S Mamba Green
Current: 2015 981 Cayman Saphire Blue
Previous: 2017 Audi RS3 Ara blue
Previous: 2007 Audi TT Ibis White
Previous: 1997 Mk 1 Mazda MX5
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:49 pm 'Detailing' is a process I have never heard of before joining this forum. I have some questions . . .
From my reading here Gtechniq is the best system/process? If that is the case why is not available from the OPC?
Gtechniq is popular here and hence many of us have had it applied, other similar products and system are available.

I would suggest that the reason why the full treatment is rarely available at an OPC is one of time. It takes two to three days to treat a car properly with one day alone being cleaning, claying and paint correction then with the sheer numbers of cars moved out of the OPC each month it could be a logistical nightmare if more than the odd sale wants the treatment.

Every OPC will offer some system and the cost does vary markedly.

OPC treatment will be a clean then the application of what is basically a DIY version of the coating followed by a buff up and its job done, at most a three hour job.

To ceramic or not to ceramic that is the question?

It is not a be all and end all and you do need to regularly wash the car and dry it properly, ideally using the softened water system as explained in my Detaining and Washing post. Now despite all my precaution I have water spots and so once I am over my recent Op then I can tackle sorting that out.

So it depends upon how OCD you are about the finish and how much time you have to clean and dry your car.

Hope this helps you.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

[attachment=0]IMG-20190409-WA0000.jpg[/attachment

Car at DDB Detailers. 3 days. Well worth the wait. More pics to follow ifi remember how i did first one. Car isa DREAM to drive and looks great. IMHO.

IMG-20190409-WA0000.jpg

VanB

Post by VanB »

Col Lamb wrote:
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:49 pm 'Detailing' is a process I have never heard of before joining this forum. I have some questions . . .
Gtechniq is popular here and hence many of us have had it applied, other similar products and system are available.

I would suggest that the reason why the full treatment is rarely available at an OPC is one of time. It takes two to three days to treat a car properly with one day alone being cleaning, claying and paint correction then with the sheer numbers of cars moved out of the OPC each month it could be a logistical nightmare if more than the odd sale wants the treatment.

Every OPC will offer some system and the cost does vary markedly.

OPC treatment will be a clean then the application of what is basically a DIY version of the coating followed by a buff up and its job done, at most a three hour job.

To ceramic or not to ceramic that is the question?

It is not a be all and end all and you do need to regularly wash the car and dry it properly, ideally using the softened water system as explained in my Detaining and Washing post. Now despite all my precaution I have water spots and so once I am over my recent Op then I can tackle sorting that out.

So it depends upon how OCD you are about the finish and how much time you have to clean and dry your car.

Hope this helps you.
Col

Water spots most likely caused by impurities in rainwater drying on your car. Have you tried a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water sprayed on, left for a minute and wiped off? Most effective water spot remover around and should affect your coating.

Cheers

VanB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate