Drivers Side Rear Noise

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

My Macan 2.0L has only 3700 miles on the clock, I've noticed occasionally during left turns there a noise from the drivers side rear as though the wheel has hit the curb but it hasn't. Has anybody else experienced this....
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

Paul

Post by Paul »

? Is this now relevant as you're handing it back?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Paul wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:45 pm ? Is this now relevant as you're handing it back?
Yes given I'm new to Porsche and the Macan, I've already been hit with the dreaded transfer box issue at 3000 miles. Perhaps I should have used a different title for this thread, I'm trying to ascertain if there are other known issues with the Macan whilst I can still have the contract unwound at no loss to me. I love the Macan which is why I've chosen to go for a replacement but reliability has to be a consideration particularly when purchasing a high end prestige vehicle....
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

The impression I get from long term viewing of this forum is that the Macan is a generally reliable car. I’ve had no real issues with mine in three years.

The transfer box however does seem to stand out as its Achilles heel (along with DPF issues on the diesel).
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Makanik wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 am The impression I get from long term viewing of this forum is that the Macan is a generally reliable car. I’ve had no real issues with mine in three years.

The transfer box however does seem to stand out as its Achilles heel (along with DPF issues on the diesel).
Many thanks Makanik that's good to hear and gives me peace of mind that sticking with a petrol Macan will hopefully be fine. I've already experienced the transfer box issue and know how to recognise it....
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

You may wish to take a look at 'the other' macan<no space>forum.

There are a couple of threads on reliability issues, the transfer case being one of them and
the other concerning the timing chain cover oil leak.

My understanding is the transfer case issue has its root cause in a breather vent that allows
water to enter and turn the internal fluid into some sort of bad milkshake. The timing chain
cover allows oil seepage because of some factory overtightened bolts that have snapped. :o
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I think Rick, the next time you go fishing, you should use a different bait. :lol: :lol:
RAA

Post by RAA »

PSEE wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 pm You may wish to take a look at 'the other' macan<no space>forum.

There are a couple of threads on reliability issues, the transfer case being one of them and
the other concerning the timing chain cover oil leak.

My understanding is the transfer case issue has its root cause in a breather vent that allows
water to enter and turn the internal fluid into some sort of bad milkshake. The timing chain
cover allows oil seepage because of some factory overtightened bolts that have snapped. :o
Another couple of weeks and I'll be collecting my new, Macan S. Is this 'transfer case issue' likely to affect the new, facelifted models ? This will be my first ever Porsche, so I have no experience of this.

(My current car is a Mazda CX-5 diesel AWD SUV - the auto-gearbox bearings disintegrated when the car was 5 years old (at 63,000 miles) and out of warranty. Cost me £3,120 + 4 weeks' car hire. A couple of months later, the front nearside wheel bearings started to disintegrate - costing me a further £373.

I'm hoping the experience of owning my first Porsche will not be a worrying one.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

For peace of mind / known cost in advance then you can always take out the extended warranty when that time comes. When the initial warranty expires at 3 years.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver