1000 miles in New Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Sorry you don’t like the car so far , it is different from an Audi saloon though.

I see you don’t have any form of ACC so assume you don’t have an Collision avoidance system fitted - had that on my B8 RS4 because I had the ACC
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Davidone

Post by Davidone »

PBT147
OPC tells me it will arrive end of April ish ..........as I'm not back in the UK until mid May I'm in no rush really.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Miopyk wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 pm Sorry to hear of your experience to date. I've tried to help by answering in bold italics below.

Good luck
frankstar123 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:46 pm Hi,

Needs eighth gear. Gearbox does not automatically change up when in manual. Does not disengage unless you flick righthand paddle. (Audi / VW gearboxes do) Not sure why you think it needs another gear. Manual means manual in the PDK box, if it automatically changed it wouldn't be manual, it will however revert to auto if no gear changes are made within about 10 seconds. In Sports or Sports + it will hold the gear selected for longer to higher revs, that's the way it's been programmed.
Just a point of order here: the statement in bold about reverting to auto is only correct if the drive selector is in auto and is being overridden by use of the steering wheel paddles. If the drive selector is moved to the left (the manual position) then the car remains in whatever car you've selected.

Other manufacturers incorporate a "safety" feature. If you exceed the safe revs for the manually selected gear then the car changes up. Porsche seems to think their drivers are a little more intelligent.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Thanks for the comments, I pre-ordered the car in July IIRC. According to all reports then said the car would be "brought in line with VW" and have the Audi auto braking equivalent as standard which is why i thought it would have braking assistance.

My latest issues are the parking sensors going off randomly after 10-15 seconds sitting in traffic (engine off, not moving) nothing around me, wife has also complained about it. The heaters being stuck on Hi and unresponsive (recorded it on my phone as evidence) and a suspect faulty thermostat inside the car because sometimes it will pump out cold when the interior is cold even though the heating is at 26 degrees and oil and water is at 90. i.e 20-30mins after driving.

I've still not had the heated seats or any of these issues looked at yet. My experience with Porsche has been really poor and has really really disappointed, i cant stress how sad i am about them :( . I'll be putting a formal complaint into Porsche. My car is due to go for investigation at the end of May. I've chased multiple times via email after going into the dealer on 4th April who was going to get the service department to call me but only when I highlighted i've had better service from my local timber yard, they email saying please "Could you please confirm the contact number we have for you is correct as we have left multiple answerphone messages on this number".... total b*llocks...

How do i know they are lying? Because the number the had for me was not even a valid phone number. I dialled it multiple times from different sources to make sure, it is not a valid mobile number. Even when i went in and got them to dial the number to prove it, they had no answer. Why cant they just say, yup we cocked up, "We didn't get the message from the sales person after your visit on April 4th. Please accept our apologies" I would be totally happy about this showing a bit a respect for their customers. No apology. No admission that they cocked up, they have had my mobile number since July and have used it multiple times whilst buying the car. This post probably makes me sound like a d*ck, I am the most placid and helpful customer, I even offered to pick up the mechanic on my way to work to let them drive my car back as long at they picked me up at the end of the day and i'd drop the mechanic off. I know what will happen they'll come back and find nothing. I'm considering rigging up my go-pro to record the evidence.

Porsche treat me like I should be privileged one buying from Porsche :( . I was going to put a deposit down on a more powerful and louder Macan GTS but looking elsewhere as Porsche Newcastle (JCT600) have the monopoly for 60+ mile radius. I may go for a 1 year old F-Pace SVR next year now.. :(
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.
ianst

Post by ianst »

When looking to buy, I was in contact with Porsche Newcastle. They didn’t reply to emails. Went elsewhere.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with the car and your OPC. I have found the service from Porsche to be very good but I guess it can vary between dealerships. You should contact the dealer principle and Porsche UK. Hope you get the problems sorted soon.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather