24hrs in a new Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Had the pleasure of a 24hr test drive in a Macan S whilst I wait for mine.
500 miles on the clock.
It was in metalic black .. glad I didnt get a black one you could see the swirls in it already and would be a nightmare to keep clean.
The spec I could see was 14 way seats, black basic extended leather, keyless entry, Air suspension and BOSE. 21" RS spyder wheels.
Looked lovely outside, loved the wheels. Ride and handling didn't feel much different to the non air S I drove in March which was excellent. It felt faster than I remembered.. infact rather rapid.. ok its not 911 fast but its bloody quick, reeled a 335d in on a dual carriageway.. for a 2 ton SUV it was fantastic.
Enjoyed the PCM particularly the big screen .. but the Audi system is better. It didn't have the PAS+ and really doesn't need it unless you are very weak. Gearbox fantastic. It was very refined with little exhaust noise.. blame the GPF for that like most cars with one fitted.. BOSE sounded very good at volume.. but caused a rattle in the drivers door at low moderate volume - a fault I hope.. it did have a drink problem.. but I was pushing on. Getting back in my 2017 S3 it felt very raw, a totally different car so can't be compared. Overall I loved it can't wait to get mine.. positive reception lots of thumbs up and good comments from the neighbours. It fits in my garage (just) and the dogs like it !. Picked my sister and her freinds up in it to lots of Owws and Arrghs.. they loved it
Excellent .. expect for the rattle in the door...
Also the OPC tells me mine is due 11th of May !! Earlier than expected :D

20190412_160957.jpg

20190412_181640.jpg

20190412_191450.jpg

20190412_181627.jpg

Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad all went well.

Interesting that you comment on the swirls, that is precisely why detailing a new Macan makes sense no matter if the final coating is wax or ceramic.

My met black Macan did have light swirls when I took delivery as did my first Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Teesside or Newcastle?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Teesside... what gave it away ?
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

T4LGO wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:53 pm Teesside... what gave it away ?
Probably the reg! I have a Jet black SD. The OPC had it detailed prior to me picking it up and it has remained swirl free since as I take care washing it. Just like black seats never look dirty but are, other colours disguise swirls unless seen in certain light conditions. You must have an enormous garage to get a Macan in. My wife's Polo barely fits in ours. You are correct that an S3 v Macan isn't a fair contest. I absolutely love mine and will have another one with out question. Good luck with yours.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great review. :D :D :D

No swirls on mine either - but lots of careful washing.

It is a tight squeeze getting it into a "normal Garage" - it looks as though it won't fit.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Background to picture and the sofa............................

Happy new Car
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'