A good start to the day!!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

That sucks Mike.

Look on the bright side, it could have been far worst, Kitty only has a limp and the prognosis from surgery is a full recovery, aided by massive pampering when she gets home.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

TheTraveller wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm You can't believe this. Yesterday afternoon, while visiting a friend. My Mac' parked outside his house, on a very narrow road. I heard a loud crashing sound, saw a large van slowly inching passed mine. Rushed out from garden to inspect things. Saw van driving away, checked mine out, Phew, all ok. Looked at the fencing on opposite side of road, demolished.
Sorry to hear about yours.
The van was a blinkin UPS truck. They must breed turkeys out there.
Lucky!

I blame Donald Tusk! And Michel Barnier! It’s all their fault.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:16 pm That sucks Mike.

Look on the bright side, it could have been far worst, Kitty only has a limp and the prognosis from surgery is a full recovery, aided by massive pampering when she gets home.
Indeed Col.

Just come off the phone with OPC and it’s looking very much like 4 new boots. No mention of the rim yet.

I’m still awaiting the call from UPS. That could well be an interesting conversation.

Hope you’re mending well? M
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm Image

The cause! :evil: :evil:

In which a Lupo becomes a Range Rover. The Mercedes driver is no better either!

Just hope no one needs the emergency services cos they’d struggle to get up the street!
Should have grabbed a mate, picked it up and moved it closer to the kerb. Either that or pushed it onto its side. :D
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

GMAN75 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:05 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm Image

The cause! :evil: :evil:

In which a Lupo becomes a Range Rover. The Mercedes driver is no better either!

Just hope no one needs the emergency services cos they’d struggle to get up the street!
Should have grabbed a mate, picked it up and moved it closer to the kerb. Either that or pushed it onto its side. :D
:lol: The bin men had been shortly before and had one helluva time getting through. They should have thrown it in the back!
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:35 am
Nosmo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:48 am Ouch - That's a set of tyres. Painful and sorry to see that the ejit got away scot free
Why do you believe a whole set? Just asking the naive question so I’m fully prepared for the anticipated forthcoming battle with UPS’s insurance lab rats.
Certainly on one axle. If your tyres on the other axle have worn too much they might suggest 4 boots. I don't know what Porsche states on having different tread depths on the front and rear axle. That's something you might want to look into before shelling out on 4. Two new tyres is bad enough.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm
ScotMac wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:59 pm So annoying .... :( :( :(

Hope you get sorted.
Thanks ScotMac. All in hand at present but, as I’ve said, I expect some resistance from UPS’s paperpushers re it being done properly.

And if OPC recommend an entire set then I might face a battle. Fingers crossed!
With a bump like that on a wheel the suspension may have been bent so I'd be wanting the alinement at least checked.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Rab J wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:33 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm
ScotMac wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:59 pm So annoying .... :( :( :(

Hope you get sorted.
Thanks ScotMac. All in hand at present but, as I’ve said, I expect some resistance from UPS’s paperpushers re it being done properly.

And if OPC recommend an entire set then I might face a battle. Fingers crossed!
With a bump like that on a wheel the suspension may have been bent so I'd be wanting the alinement at least checked.
Yep! They’re on to that.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Nosmo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:25 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:35 am
Nosmo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:48 am Ouch - That's a set of tyres. Painful and sorry to see that the ejit got away scot free
Why do you believe a whole set? Just asking the naive question so I’m fully prepared for the anticipated forthcoming battle with UPS’s insurance lab rats.
Certainly on one axle. If your tyres on the other axle have worn too much they might suggest 4 boots. I don't know what Porsche states on having different tread depths on the front and rear axle. That's something you might want to look into before shelling out on 4. Two new tyres is bad enough.
Had a good chat with OPC this afternoon. It appears their criteria is +/- 50% wear. Presumably between maximum depth and legal minimum. I’m on about high 4s - 5-ish so right on the cusp!
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

What's more important longer term to you? The life of the centre diff or the price of a new set of boots? It's a pain but I would think twice if it's suggested to be on the cusp. Maybe set up a Go fund me page on the forum :oops: Hopefully the UPS ppl pay out
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18