3.0 S PSE

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have specifically driven 300-400 km yesterday with the SE off... all I can say: BORING ride.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

For me it would be a retrofit for either a PSE as I didn't spec it on my upcoming S or a aftermarket.. I don't fancy paying ?? £3k ?? for a PSE to be disappointed.. and equally I dont want a embarrassing boy racer noise that I can't switch off.. and also I worry about voiding the warranty on a new £60k car with a aftermarket one.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:36 am Have we not gone somewhat of topic here
Off topic? Moi? :P

Apologies, guys :oops:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Simon,
You are a great source of information and your posts have helped me a lot, please don't encourage me to look at 911s :shock:
Regards Phil
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Riomacan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am Simon,
You are a great source of information and your posts have helped me a lot, please don't encourage me to look at 911s :shock:
Regards Phil
Ha ha! Ok, Phil. I promise. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

T4LGO wrote:For me it would be a retrofit for either a PSE as I didn't spec it on my upcoming S or a aftermarket.. I don't fancy paying ?? £3k ?? for a PSE to be disappointed.. and equally I dont want a embarrassing boy racer noise that I can't switch off.. and also I worry about voiding the warranty on a new £60k car with a aftermarket one.
Agreed completely... sadly, accessories is a rip-off business. I cannot imagine that mod-ex-pipe can be that expensive, but I am glad I went OEM, so no warranty or legal/MOT issues at some point in time.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
monkeynuts100

Post by monkeynuts100 »

I have the PSE on my new S.... observation thus far is that switching it on makes little difference when driving ‘normally’. Pushing harder and at higher revs, you can notice it but it’s never going to sound like a 911 flat 6 of course. Still running mine in so haven’t really been going for it too much - but this is my take on the PSE so far.

Without unlimited funds for options, I chose the PSE over the next level up on leather (I just went for 14 way seats to give leather in the middle of the seats). So traded leather on top part of dash and upper door trim for PSE (I know there would also be proper leather on the arm rest and rest of the seats - but I wouldn’t really notice this day in day out).

Swings and roundabouts for me - no regrets.

If you want the best sound possible without aftermarket options/warranty concerns, I say go for it!
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

I had a turbo macan and had sports exhaust specified. I loved the roar on start up (I believe the flaps are open on start up).
I couldn’t spec it on my Cayenne as it was too new and it hadn’t made the options list. Technical issues aside, it was my biggest criticism of the Cayenne.... It was too quiet and refined. I missed the raw edge and was contemplating retro-fitting one as soon as it appeared in the tequipment catalogue.

If you can afford it spec it.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
happy days

Post by happy days »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:12 pm And Col, you haven't answered the question I asked a while ago. What do base your assertion on that there is a 'speaker attached to the bodywork'?
Not so sure about the Macan, but my 718S definitely has a sound aktuator module to 'enhance' sound. I know, because I deactivated it. Quite easy to do by removing a fuse and totally reversible.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

happy days wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:07 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:12 pm And Col, you haven't answered the question I asked a while ago. What do base your assertion on that there is a 'speaker attached to the bodywork'?
Not so sure about the Macan, but my 718S definitely has a sound aktuator module to 'enhance' sound. I know, because I deactivated it. Quite easy to do by removing a fuse and totally reversible.
On the USA based forum a guy was getting the PSE system fitted aftermarket and he posted an image of all the kit laid out and a resonator was part of the kit.

In any case you know as well as I that there is an external sound limit that is enforceable and that the only way to achieve internal sound levels an enthusiast wishes to have is to generate them artificially.

Stick on an Akropanovic system and if there were more boys in blue it would not be long before you were hauled up by them, btw do the Police still congregate at biker meets to monitor activities and take sound readings?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags