3.0 S PSE

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The reason I asked the question Col is that I can’t see any speaker as part of the PSE exhaust system in the Porsche parts manual. Neither could I see it in any of the body parts. What I could see was an actuator in one of the exhaust silencers.

Re your question about Police checks on bikes, it’s so rare to see a real live Police Officer doing anything anywhere these days that most people breaking the law know the chances of being knicked are close to zero.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Col, I’m pretty sure that Akrapovic (or Remus etc) would not sell as many exhausts as they do if they produced illegally high levels of noise. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:48 pm ^^^ Col, I’m pretty sure that Akrapovic (or Remus etc) would not sell as many exhausts as they do if they produced illegally high levels of noise. ;)
They do, I am pretty sure most of their products are fitted to motorcycles and myngoodness they are way loud.

With there being far less boys in blue the bikers get away with it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Nuclear Nick wrote:The reason I asked the question Col is that I can’t see any speaker as part of the PSE exhaust system in the Porsche parts manual. Neither could I see it in any of the body parts. What I could see was an actuator in one of the exhaust silencers.
NN, I do have a grey box, possibly a boom box for the Bose sound system under the boot floor, just behind a rear bumper. It is entirely possible that it is used for the Radio, as well as the Engine/exhaust noise broadcasting system.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

It is not a speaker per se, it is a vibration actuator..............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Paul

Post by Paul »

.....this debate has been done to death in the past.....

viewtopic.php?t=2976

Someone (someone cleverer than me that is!) could find this pdf document from the past....

https://www.ricardo.com/PageFiles/20974 ... e_WAVE.pdf
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
adam b

Post by adam b »

Riomacan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 am Tracky, agreed. Who else has views on their Macan with PSE?
Love it on my turbo, was between a must and a nice to have when I was looking for my 2017 car.

In the end it was the PSE and Air that made me choose car A over car B

Plus I have an irrational hatred of blank buttons on the console
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whatever the makeup of the PSE it is a fair wad of cash for aural enhancement only.

I am of a generation where you added a sports exhaust system and you got a free flow exhaust system which gave a reasonable increase in power and torque and great aural performance.

My 859cc Mini was fitted with a Peco straight through silencer and it sounded awesome, far superior to the wet fart that is the PSE, but at over 100dB it was a tad loud.

Oh those were the days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Col Lamb wrote:Whatever the makeup of the PSE it is a fair wad of cash for aural enhancement only.

I am of a generation where you added a sports exhaust system and you got a free flow exhaust system which gave a reasonable increase in power and torque and great aural performance.

My 859cc Mini was fitted with a Peco straight through silencer and it sounded awesome, far superior to the wet fart that is the PSE, but at over 100dB it was a tad loud.

Oh those were the days.
Oh yea! Banana branches and free-flow exhausts [emoji41]

Sadly, with the health, safety and exhaust-fume inspectors running the show, we need to find a substitute.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 pm Whatever the makeup of the PSE it is a fair wad of cash for aural enhancement only.

Oh those were the days.
They're on to us Col:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48564995
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA