3.0 S PSE

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Hi,
Has anyone driven / own a facelift S with GPF with the PSE ? If so whats it like compared to the quiet standard ?
Tal
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

No help but just an observation, went to the launch of the S in Adelaide , South Australia back in Feb 19 , and the S was fired up in the showroom , and to all and sundry... quite.... to say the least ,further more because of our high Sulfur content fuel GPF is not employed in our facelift Macans’s in Australia so possibly it’s not just the the GPF causing the muted sound ?, glad I optioned the PSE all the same , ETA late May
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Stanley246 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:24 am No help but just an observation, went to the launch of the S in Adelaide , South Australia back in Feb 19 , and the S was fired up in the showroom , and to all and sundry... quite.... to say the least ,further more because of our high Sulfur content fuel GPF is not employed in our facelift Macans’s in Australia so possibly it’s not just the the GPF causing the muted sound ?, glad I optioned the PSE all the same , ETA late May
Interesting... most marques blame the GPF..
GoldJono

Post by GoldJono »

I have the PSE on my new Macan S and find it quieter than I would like, although Inhave been spoilt with my RS3 and 981 cayman both of which had sports exhaust. My next car will be a Taycan so it’s maybe just as well.
Current: 2019 Macan S Mamba Green
Current: 2015 981 Cayman Saphire Blue
Previous: 2017 Audi RS3 Ara blue
Previous: 2007 Audi TT Ibis White
Previous: 1997 Mk 1 Mazda MX5
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

GoldJono wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 pm I have the PSE on my new Macan S and find it quieter than I would like, although Inhave been spoilt with my RS3 and 981 cayman both of which had sports exhaust. My next car will be a Taycan so it’s maybe just as well.
Remus and Akrapovic manufacture systems which will plug right in, you can even use the button on the console, and will shatter nearby windows and scare little children. Might be worth a look if you want some rumble.
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm
GoldJono wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 pm I have the PSE on my new Macan S and find it quieter than I would like, although Inhave been spoilt with my RS3 and 981 cayman both of which had sports exhaust. My next car will be a Taycan so it’s maybe just as well.
Remus and Akrapovic manufacture systems which will plug right in, you can even use the button on the console, and will shatter nearby windows and scare little children. Might be worth a look if you want some rumble.
Do these systems have a quite mode for when not it the mode ?
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have an S with sport exhaust... I highly recommend it.

It sounds great throughout the range and acts as an antidote for the GPF/cholesterol in the exhaust arteries.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

T4LGO wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Do these systems have a quite mode for when not it the mood ?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Conversely to what others have said, the best thing about PSE is the off switch.

£1600 is a lot of cash for a circuit that keeps the exhaust flaps open and a speaker attached to the bodywork, there is zero performance gain.

Without PSE plant your foot to the floor and you will still get a great growl, it just will not be as loud as an S with PSE.

Find an S with PSE and test drive it.

I have driven an SD an S and a Turbo all with PSE and I did not include PSE in my Turbo config.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

T4LGO wrote:Do these systems have a quite mode for when not it the mood ?
On my OEM SE, the default is off position, or stealth mode.
Don’t know the after market stuff.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4