Interesting day at the office...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Well...I was hoping to show you all before and after photos of winter 18" wheels having been replaced by 21" summers on my Cayenne.

I'd been at Porsche Swindon for a couple of hours when they very kindly sent me their health check video...

...showing the two driver side summer wheels where both tyres had cuts in them down to the core.

Now...when I bought the car in November, I had the winters put on before I took delivery - the Summers had been away for refurb.

The Summers had never been on my car during my ownership...Swindon very kindly delivered them to me in their van.

A slightly embarrassed service manager...and no sales management on site to authorise the replacement(??)

...but I can imagine some robust conversations Tuesday.

Winters have been put back on...and a wasted journey, though the adblue topup was free.
Macan
Taycan Turbo

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

How very annoying. Any thoughts on what caused the cuts?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

As the wheels on a Cayenne diesel are identical front to back, the fact that they were on the driver's side when put on the car yesterday does not mean that is where they were when last on the car unless the summer tyres are uni-directional.

If I were the Sales Manager, one question I would ask on Tuesday is "Didn't you check the wheels when they were delivered to make sure you were satisfied with the refurbishment?" You might like to have an answer ready.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Refurb is a bit of a red herring - I was told during the purchase process that the wheels were away to be refurbed. Wasn't something I asked for. As the car's under warranty...and I've never used the Summers, their PDI failed to pick this issue up
Macan
Taycan Turbo