Porsche Start/Stop Technology

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

RickZ wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:53 am All stop/start functions should have the option in settings to switch off stop/start permanently. With my Audi's the art with start/stop was to come to a halt and reduce pressure on the break peddle before stop/start kicked in which overrode the auto stop function whist still applying the brakes. I've spoken to colleagues who own other brands of car, they tell me stop/start also works this way on their vehicles. I assume in these cases it's a case of sensing when a car stops and the brakes is applied, if the system thinks the brake hasn't been applied it won't stop the engine. I must admit it's an easy process to get used to, after stopping I used to relax pressure on the brake pedal slightly , it became the norm, I'll have to try it on my Macan.
That Rick is indeed the case.

My SD was a pain, by not being predictable, no matter how it was driven, sometimes it stopped sometimes it did not. The system is supposed to only function when the engine is warm yet when I drove a cold SD the 300m to the end of my Avenue the Stop function would work.

The system in the Turbo is better but still rubbish.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

US spec allows the switch to 'remember its last position and not default to 'on'. Far better; sadly Euro spec insists on default on. If you have a PIWS it can be programmed to remember last setting but I suspect that getting a dealer to do it will be nigh on impossible.
The CAyman could be programmed to drop the driver and passenger window when the tailgate was opened and thus allow easier closing - the program capacity was there - a simple on/off in the software, but getting OPC Porsche to do it.........................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

RickZ wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:53 am All stop/start functions should have the option in settings to switch off stop/start permanently. With my Audi's the art with start/stop was to come to a halt and reduce pressure on the break peddle before stop/start kicked in which overrode the auto stop function whist still applying the brakes. I've spoken to colleagues who own other brands of car, they tell me stop/start also works this way on their vehicles. I assume in these cases it's a case of sensing when a car stops and the brakes is applied, if the system thinks the brake hasn't been applied it won't stop the engine. I must admit it's an easy process to get used to, after stopping I used to relax pressure on the brake pedal slightly , it became the norm, I'll have to try it on my Macan.
Yes with a bit of getting used to the car can be halted without stopping the engine. The engine can also be stopped without full hold being applied.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)