SIM Card with data only

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Davidone wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:59 pm Col
I take it that's in addition to the nav and info package free for first two years then £159 per year?
Look at the image and you will see that map updates are included.

BTW
The free period for me was 30 months.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have used the three SIM card for a few years now. I use it in the Porsche as well as for other Tech items.

Costs less than £45 as a one of payment and lasts 2 years and you get 24gb of data.
You can use it all in one month or however you wish making it very flexible and very cost effective.
When it expires buy another one as it’s cheaper than top up.
EE do a similar card over 6 or 12 months but is twice the price. But the 4g reception is better depending on locations.

I have never exceeded the 24gb over the 2 years.

GTS 😀
amf

Post by amf »

Awesome! I am gonna go with that, I don’t fancy paying £5/month for it
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Col Lamb wrote: I'd be surprised if your Macan doesn't have an embedded SIM Semerka. The embedded SIM handles all the Connect Plus stuff, ie real time traffic information, etc:
That’s what I was told by the Porsche Connect people, they can see your car spec. Plus I got a free pre-loaded sim from the OPC when I bought the car at 10 months old. So that would confirm that it has no embedded SIM. Must have been one of the last builds to not have it included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thanks for the link! 8-)
Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 pm I have used the three SIM card for a few years now. I use it in the Porsche as well as for other Tech items.

Costs less than £45 as a one of payment and lasts 2 years and you get 24gb of data.
You can use it all in one month or however you wish making it very flexible and very cost effective.
EE do a similar card over 6 or 12 months but is twice the price. But the 4g reception is better depending on locations.

Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
MSUK

Post by MSUK »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 pm I have used the three SIM card for a few years now. I use it in the Porsche as well as for other Tech items.

Thanks for the info, I found the 24 gig / 24 month 3 sim for £41 on Amazon , streaming and hotspot working well.
-------------------------------------
2019 Macan S, Night Blue, Agate Partial leather, traffic jam assist, turbo wheels, heated seats, sports steering wheel, heated screen, roof transport system. Nut behind the wheel loose.
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

As a new owner I have the embedded SIM with the free stuff for traffic updates, etc. I also wanted to be able to stream Amazon Music but I hadn't used it before and wasn't sure if I would want it or not, so I just paid for 1 months Data Package from Porsche which gave me 7gb of data for the month.

To use Amazon Music I had to download the Porsche Connect App to my phone, and on it there are settings for what Apps will appear on the PCM, I could also use it to log onto my Amazon account. Then voila Amazon Music appeared on the PCM and I was able to listen to my music.

What did become apparent is that I am no way using 7gb of data a month and as Porsche do not offer any other choices I have looked elsewhere. In the end I have got a free EE pay as you go data sim, which I have activated and registered using my old mobile phone. I can have a small amount of data over 30 or 90 days but also have the option to add more data if the kids are in the car for a long journey and want to use the wifi hotspot.

I'm really pleased with how this is working!! :)
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
happy days

Post by happy days »

Does the car not come with a data sim when you buy it? Ours did.
Macan S D
718 S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

happy days wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:55 pm Does the car not come with a data sim when you buy it? Ours did.
Removable? Maybe earlier cars had this but later they came with embedded SIMS.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

The car came with an embedded SIM but if you want to use your own there is also a slot to put an external one into.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019