Petrol tank on handover

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Craig Porter

Post by Craig Porter »

Full tank should be full, we do it in every car👍

MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

As my car had gone straight into being detailed before the OPC (Nottingham) had a chance to do their little test drive and fill it up, after the handover my SE followed us (in a lovely 911) to the local Esso where he filled it up with the Super Unleaded version, I got a full (75 litre) tank from them.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Three cars. Not once have I had a full tank on handover.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Shortly after collection you should receive a Survey Questionnaire direct from Porsche GB, so you know what to include if you only get a partially full tank of gas.

The OPC gets a lot of grief if the handover experience includes any negative elements.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:49 pm You’ll find out when you get the post-sale questionnaire. If they ask ‘Was your new Porsche provided with a full tank of fuel.’ that will give you a clue... ;)
Spot on Simon the post sales questionnaire answers the question. I've always had a full tank.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Mine half full too, but didn't want to embarrass with myself or the sales guy by questioning it!
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Nothing free in this life, do you really think whatever Porsche give you, half tank or full tank that they are paying for it, it will be on margins, if you were charged an extra £50 on a base car would you be moaning about it? Probably not, I guess not even a flicker of an eyelid.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

PBT147 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:18 pm Nothing free in this life, do you really think whatever Porsche give you, half tank or full tank that they are paying for it, it will be on margins, if you were charged an extra £50 on a base car would you be moaning about it? Probably not, I guess not even a flicker of an eyelid.
But if it's 'in the margins' as you say, then surely the tank should be full. It could be said to be fraud it it isn't.

No, it is Porsche sales policy that the tank is full at handover. Any OPC that doesn't comply should be named and shamed.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

This from Porsche UK
Thank you for your enquiry to Porsche Cars GB Ltd.

I can confirm that there is no Porsche policy to provide a new vehicle with a full tank of fuel, however, we would expect sufficient fuel to ensure you can get to your onward destination.

The sale of our vehicles is the responsibility of the legally and economically independent Porsche Centres.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I wonder if they have changed their post sale 'review card' then, which definitely used to ask if your car was supplied with a full tank.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8