Service items, Macan SD?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

I really question the apparent loss on resale vales with just a good service compared with a Porsche service, where is the real proof of the loss? we all know all garages are out to screw you on them buying in, so why not save £500/600 on each service.

Panthera

Post by Panthera »

gasgas1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:51 pm I really question the apparent loss on resale vales with just a good service compared with a Porsche service, where is the real proof of the loss? we all know all garages are out to screw you on them buying in, so why not save £500/600 on each service.
If you were buying a pre-owned Porsche would you choose one with a Full OPC Service History over one serviced by an indie garage if they were the same spec & price? I'd hazard a guess that all things being equal, the vast majority of folk would take the OPC FSH car. I think price would be the thing that would motivate someone to take the car with the indie FSH
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The service costs really do annoy me. I don't mind paying a bit of a premium "because it is a Porsche" but I don't like "getting screwed", and £500 for basically an oil change is definitely "getting screwed". :cry: :roll: :roll:
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

the real answer is in a fact of law under the warranty headline, "as long as you have original parts and a VAT registered garage to service your car any and all warranties are robust and must be honoured"

say's it all in my book.
Guy

Post by Guy »

My SD had its delayed major service and MOT at Silverstone today at 4 years old and a little over 21k miles. The MOT actually expired on 31 Aug but I used the 'drive to a pre-booked MOT' loophole.

Despite previously quoting £799 + cost of MOT, they charged me a total of £783, including brake fluid change. Of course I didn't need the PDK oil change (not enough miles) but that will be due at 6 years together with the next intermediate service.

All in all I was very impressed with Silverstone OPC - a friendly and efficient bunch. Their premises are still being rebuilt/upgraded and I am clearly expecting to be invited to their 'grand opening' sometime in October!

EDIT: I meant to add, despite MOT 'advisories' a year ago for 'Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened' there were no such MOT advisories this year. Just shows that it's a little subjective!
A1000

Post by A1000 »

I've been watching this thread with interest as my Macan SD has been due its first 2yr/20k service. It's only done 16k so have held off as I stumbled on the fixed price differential described by many. Guildford OPC charge £720 for service + brake fluid change where as Portsmouth OPC charge £625 for the same.

When quizzed Gfd on the additional they stated that it was because they were owned by Porsche and location. Sadly, at their new price it is a 33% increase from the service costs that I was told when I bought the car. Is there any difference between Porsche owned OPCs and non-owned Porsche centres? I'm assuming the owned ones use gold plated tools ;-)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

A1000 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:55 am Is there any difference between Porsche owned OPCs and non-owned Porsche centres? I'm assuming the owned ones use gold plated tools ;-)
No difference whatsoever in the service that you'd receive, other than non-Porsche owned OPCs appear to often offer better value for money! ;)

And they still serve lovely coffee & biscuits etc!

Using Porsche-owned and the location as reasons to charge the customer more sounds pretty dubious to me.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
A1000

Post by A1000 »

Thanks Simon. All booked with Portsmouth even though further to go. Really sad as I got great service when buying the car @ Gfd but the aftersales could almost be a different company!

Just glad to hear the coffee and biscuits will be of a similar standard ;-)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nothing like a trip to the seaside! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Major service at Belfast OPC £750 which I was happy with. They do have the best coffee and fancy toilets and I was made to feel special by all the staff so it makes getting the wallet out much less painful :lol:

I'd booked a courtesy car but embarrassingly had sent my licence off to have my address updated :oops: I was made very welcome to work in the showroom whilst the service was being carried out. And very pleasant too surrounded by gleaming models from the Porsche range. The only 992 911 4S was in red which I feel doesn't show it off to it's best. There was a yellow 991 Carrera T which was much more appealing :) Then there's a couple of GT3s at silly money... All in all a delightful working day :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,