Gts spiders

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

I saw a new macan in lovely carmine red on this forum with gloss black 21 inch wheels
I have a gts with matt black wheels and i hate them
There always dirty and drab
Has anyone had theres painted gloss black

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The gloss black wheels look fantastic when clean but they very quickly dull down with dust and brake dust.
VanB

Post by VanB »

The satin black spyders on a GTS are a feature of the car and IMO suit it well. They are, however, a bugger to keep clean!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Yep totally agree a nightmare to clean
I must admit ive given up on them and to it to a hand wash site
Even they coudnt do it
I really just wondered if anyone has had theres painted gloss
It really is the only thing i hate about the car
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Will painting them gloss black not make it even worse as they will still look grubby and you will need to be even more particular when cleaning as you will end up with gloss bit and then dull bits of you miss parts.

Upgrade to the 21" Sports Classics if you can find a set for sale. They are unbelievably easy to clean.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

60E85EC0-891E-4D8B-925D-3D998B499ED4.jpeg

I wash and clean mine....look great!
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Looks great
I live in rural bucks and drive mainly on b roads so its mud and cow pooh
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

One of my wheels was repainted under insurance. Although it was 'supposed' to match the originals it has a very slight sheen or satin finish, as opposed to complete matt. It's not obvious any distance from the car but it is soooo much easier to clean than the others. It's tempting to have them all done.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Have to admit I cannot make up my mind on the GTS wheels. They can look good in the sun, but can often look drab. It helps to keep them clean, and always use tyre dressing - otherwise the 'greyer' tyres look awful. I think just a problem with black wheels.

I recommend Chemical Guys 'meticulous matte' car shampoo with Wheel Woolies. I use that shampoo exclusively for the wheels. I also use Chemical guys meticulous matte' detailer spray to finish up, or even for a tidy up in-between washes. Always dry with a microfibre, as wheels nightmare for water spots.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

MCDK wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm Will painting them gloss black not make it even worse as they will still look grubby and you will need to be even more particular when cleaning as you will end up with gloss bit and then dull bits of you miss parts.

Upgrade to the 21" Sports Classics if you can find a set for sale. They are unbelievably easy to clean.
What tyre shine are you using? I have issues at times with it flinging up the side of the car depending on which product I use and I find true Pirellis really don't shine up that well.