Keyless Entry

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Horses for horses, but the 2020 GTS that I had on loan during lockdown did have keyless entry, and I’m sorry but really couldn’t see the point in it, ok you could close the tailgate, but is that really the only advantage? Maybe I’m getting old but in 52 years of driving I have never really found inserting an ignition key difficult! Or am I missing something?
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

It avoids rattling keys in the ignition is a big attraction for me.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Toddie wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:46 pm Horses for horses, but the 2020 GTS that I had on loan during lockdown did have keyless entry, and I’m sorry but really couldn’t see the point in it, ok you could close the tailgate, but is that really the only advantage? Maybe I’m getting old but in 52 years of driving I have never really found inserting an ignition key difficult! Or am I missing something?
No.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

MCDK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:01 pm It avoids rattling keys in the ignition is a big attraction for me.
The Porsche key alone inserted in the ignition doesn’t rattle. It’s the junk that people attach that rattles. That bugs me too so I keep other keys separate.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes I used to do the two key ring thing but it’s a bit of a pain.

Also like just walking up to the car and pulling the handle to open with the key in my pocket or wife’s handbag. Same when you get out, just tap the handle.
DougL

Post by DougL »

Kick under boot on Merc E class didn't work well but worked perfectly on the CLA. You can operate the button on the Macan with your nose if you have to!
GWL

Post by GWL »

I had keyless entry on my previous car and really liked it. The ease of just walking up to the car, opening the door and starting the engine without having to pull a key out of your pocket was so convenient.

There have been a few times I've returned to the Macan in pouring rain, shopping bag in one hand, umbrella in the other and wished I'd been able to wave my foot under the bumper to open the boot - rather than having to put the bag/box down on the wet ground whist trying to hold the brolly and fumble through a few pockets for my keys :roll:

I'd certainly spec it on a new build.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Salty

Post by Salty »

My wife’s Macan has keyless entry and she really likes it. She can leave the car key in her handbag or gym bag and doesn’t have to go fishing about for it. The touch sensors on the door handles seem to be slower to respond than some other makes of car however.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

GWL wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:23 pm I had keyless entry on my previous car and really liked it. The ease of just walking up to the car, opening the door and starting the engine without having to pull a key out of your pocket was so convenient.

There have been a few times I've returned to the Macan in pouring rain, shopping bag in one hand, umbrella in the other and wished I'd been able to wave my foot under the bumper to open the boot - rather than having to put the bag/box down on the wet ground whist trying to hold the brolly and fumble through a few pockets for my keys :roll:

I'd certainly spec it on a new build.
I believe that is what the thieves like about it, it saves them leaving their prints in too many places.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Two things I have been told about Porsche Keyless Entry: 1/. the signal is switched off when the key is away from the car, and 2/. each time the key fob is in use, the code signal is changed. In other words, if a thief captures the signal as you get out of the car, and leave, he/she will not be able to use that code signal again. Therefore the car remains safe.