Keyless Entry

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Botis wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 am I had keyless on my last Macan and found it really good. Just being able to have the key in your pocket and walk up to the car and it open is really convenient. No fumbling for the key and therefore less chance of dropping it.

My latest Macan does not have it and I'm really missing it. Feels like a backward step not having it but was finding it so hard to source a car that ticked all the boxes so something had to give.

Would spec it without hesitation on a new one.
Yeah, I waited and waited for a suitable car with it. They told me then that only about 1 in 20 buyers spec it. Quite annoying when it can be disabled, but not retrofitted.

A lot of sellers lost out on a sale by not having it.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

geomacan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm
RGS wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:26 pm Mercedes cracked the problem years ago, just a double click on the key fob shut the battery down so no signal could be emitted. Trouble was they never told their customers so many got stolen when they didn't need to have been.
My Macan hasn't got keyless and I thought the false key thing was weird when other manufactures fitted an engine start/stop button instead, anyway I don't miss the keyless go and can't see the problem of having to click to open the door or rear hatch, some cars haven't even reached that stage yet. My key is colour coded and it's nice to see it instead of in a pocket or handbag.
With a Porsche one, If you hold both the Open and Close together it disables Keyless Entry in case you want to stop the key transmitting
Not heard this. How do you turn it back on?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

jaffacake wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm
geomacan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm
RGS wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:26 pm Mercedes cracked the problem years ago, just a double click on the key fob shut the battery down so no signal could be emitted. Trouble was they never told their customers so many got stolen when they didn't need to have been.
My Macan hasn't got keyless and I thought the false key thing was weird when other manufactures fitted an engine start/stop button instead, anyway I don't miss the keyless go and can't see the problem of having to click to open the door or rear hatch, some cars haven't even reached that stage yet. My key is colour coded and it's nice to see it instead of in a pocket or handbag.
With a Porsche one, If you hold both the Open and Close together it disables Keyless Entry in case you want to stop the key transmitting
Not heard this. How do you turn it back on?
Same way I believe. I think I saw it on a you tube video.

Update: Here is the video, go to 17:43 in and he describes how to disable temporarily until you next unlock the car. You can also really easily remove the fob as well.

Have not tried it because my first Macan S is being built so maybe someone else can try it out !

thewanted

Post by thewanted »

DougL wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:27 pm https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufa ... o-superior

You don't need to keep your key in a faraday cage anymore. The key does not emit a signal when it is not moving. Relay attacks are therefore useless. And I wouldn't do without keyless entry, although sadly the Macan doesn't have a "kick under bumper to open boot" function. And yes it does have a dummy key type thing, more like a knob than a key though

Does this apply to MY2019 cars too?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Great news! Thanks very much.
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Wonder if they offer this more secure key to cars made before 2019.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD