Summer Winter Tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Guys you can drive to the conditions all you want, fact of the matter is though if you're running summer tyres they aren't designed for winter temperatures. I always change on every car I've owned, it makes a huge difference.

Andyk

Post by Andyk »

Agreed, have always changed over but then I’ve been in bmw’s for the past 20yrs and need my car for work so they’ve been an essential tool.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

I guess you guys aren't using the dodgy Porsche jack when you swap wheels...
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

As I read the "Jack" comment, it reminds me that I am curious to know if anyone has changed their own wheels over and if so were there issues getting the TPMS to hook up to the correct sensor and wheel location?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
VanB

Post by VanB »

I wouldn't dream of trying to lift 20" wheels on and off my Porsche and thank anyone who does is brave, strong and not quite playing with a full deck unless they have the equipment to help.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

RickZ wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 pm I guess you guys aren't using the dodgy Porsche jack when you swap wheels...
If you're lucky with your OPC and buy your winter wheels from them, they will not only store the wheels that are not on the car but will also change them over and all for nothing. If you're really lucky with your OPC, you'll have a day's use of a loan car while they undertake the less than one hour job of changing the wheels over. It has been a Cayman for me the last two changeovers :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

On-Track wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:47 pm
RickZ wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 pm I guess you guys aren't using the dodgy Porsche jack when you swap wheels...
If you're lucky with your OPC and buy your winter wheels from them, they will not only store the wheels that are not on the car but will also change them over and all for nothing. If you're really lucky with your OPC, you'll have a day's use of a loan car while they undertake the less than one hour job of changing the wheels over. It has been a Cayman for me the last two changeovers :D
The same OPC that charges an absolute fortune for everything.......🤣
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

<<If you're lucky with your OPC and buy your winter wheels from them, they will not only store the wheels that are not on the car but will also change them over and all for nothing. If you're really lucky with your OPC, you'll have a day's use of a loan car while they undertake the less than one hour job of changing the wheels over. >>

How I wish! I bought my 19" wheels and Pirelli Scorpions off Nosmo (on this forum). They were in store at the Tonbridge OPC and when the temperature dropped last Autumn I called to make the appointment. I was told that due to a major refurb at the OPC (bigger building, more space), they would not have any more room for wheels and tyres, but they proposed that I bring in the Macan, they would swap the wheels over and then a couple of days later they would bring the cleaned summer tyres back to my home and place them in the garage for me. All for £76.23 + VAT.

In the event, the first time, they changed the wheels over and put them in the boot of the car for me to take home, clean and store in my garage. The cost for this was nothing (special deal)! However, even 19" wheel and tyres are pretty heavy for an old fart to lug about.

Last week, I paid the money for the winter-to-summer changeover and had them do the cleaning/delivery. Well worth it, but again I asked if they would keep the winter ones. Answer was No.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Is it easy to sell wheels for a Macan when you decide to move to a different vehicle. Roughly what % of your purchase price would you expect to lose.
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Despite being a weak and feeble old guy, :o so much so that I have to have PS+ in my Macan I had zero problems using the Porsche jack, removing the flat 20” Spyder wheel and lifting it into the boot all by myself.

In fact during the Summer when I can bend enough my wheels are coming off so I can detail them thoroughly.

The Porsche supplied jack sucks big time and is not that stable so if you have to use yours do take care.

Sorry to a certain member, could not resist the dig :D
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags