New Macan S MPG?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I just returned from a trip to London (100 mi ride one way). Average fuel consumption of 10.4 l/100km.

Macan S with 2700 mi on the clock... still tight, consumption will improve over time.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

RAA wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 pm Have had my new 2019 Macan S for exactly 2 weeks now. Yesterday, I drove up to Peterborough from here in Surrey, at a steady 52 mph on cruise control on the M25 and A1(M) to see what I could achieve: I hit an average of 40 mpg at one point, but at the end of the journey it had come down to 37 mpg. Coming home this afternoon with cruise control on 62mph , it also averaged 37 mpg. Driving into and out of London on Thursday, it only achieved 25 mpg !
You need to sell your pork and buy a prius or similar. You are in the the wrong car....................................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

bennachie wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:49 pm
RAA wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 pm Have had my new 2019 Macan S for exactly 2 weeks now. Yesterday, I drove up to Peterborough from here in Surrey, at a steady 52 mph on cruise control on the M25 and A1(M) to see what I could achieve: I hit an average of 40 mpg at one point, but at the end of the journey it had come down to 37 mpg. Coming home this afternoon with cruise control on 62mph , it also averaged 37 mpg. Driving into and out of London on Thursday, it only achieved 25 mpg !
You need to sell your pork and buy a prius or similar. You are in the the wrong car....................................
I’m sure it’s only curiosity. I do the same and then get bored and floor the fcuker and to hell with the experiment.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

Still running in but averaged 24 today over 100 mile round trip with drive in an even split of sport and comfort on like wise split of motorway and A B roads so maybe knock off 2 MPG for post run in harder driving and that should be more or less it long term.
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

thanks Rob - that's close enough or me now - much appreciate all the help

Just seen the spec of the S7 - V8 diesel with electric compressor - 360bhp and 700nm - no price or configurator yet except in germany - I guess it will be too expensive - and sadly it will be the slow-mo tiptonic
Blobby

Post by Blobby »

Just filled up my brand new Macan S for the first time with 345 miles on the clock 1 month in......and brim to brim figure was 22.5mpg......slightly better than my Audi A5 quattro 2.0 Tfsi x 208bhp version.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Blobby wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:19 pm Just filled up my brand new Macan S for the first time with 345 miles on the clock 1 month in......and brim to brim figure was 22.5mpg......slightly better than my Audi A5 quattro 2.0 Tfsi x 208bhp version.
Not sure what sort of driving you do, or what caused your Audi to be so poor, but I have never got such a low result on a tank in my petrol SQ5 - Quattro and 348hp..
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

So .. over the first 700 miles in my S .. I am getting what I expected as far as MPG is concerned.. daily commute .. 17 miles mixed town and dual carriageway driven economically 30- 34 mpg (driven more dynamically 25mpg) driven to the Lake district from the North East in heavy bank holiday traffic but driven economically .. 31 mpg, driven back with ACC set to 80 and not holding back .. again heavy bank holiday traffic .. 27 mpg so pleased with that. Obviously I could easily get 20mpg in S mode driven enthusiastically... but the point is its a high value Porsche .. economical motoring it is not, I do 10000 miles a year if I spend £10 a week more on petrol .. that pales into insignificance compared to the depreciation .. and if it doesn't, you bought the wrong car, I just dont understand people buying 60k plus new cars then being cheap and getting the diesel to save a few quid.. each to their own .. drive it enjoy it don't worry about the MPG.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Thanks T4LGO - good info and much appreciated.

FYI I am not worrying about MPG at all however, far from it.....

It's just one of many figures to go in a spreadsheet to inform my decision on which car to buy as does depreciation, MTCe, tax and other facts.

I am also seriously considering a Cayenne Coupe S, and a couple of other cars which will do a lot less than 25MPG.

Just want best information I can get before deciding, especially if there are any pitfalls to uncover..... which seems reasonable to me.

cheers
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

T4LGO wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:30 am So .. over the first 700 miles in my S .. I am getting what I expected as far as MPG is concerned.. daily commute .. 17 miles mixed town and dual carriageway driven economically 30- 34 mpg (driven more dynamically 25mpg) driven to the Lake district from the North East in heavy bank holiday traffic but driven economically .. 31 mpg, driven back with ACC set to 80 and not holding back .. again heavy bank holiday traffic .. 27 mpg so pleased with that. Obviously I could easily get 20mpg in S mode driven enthusiastically... but the point is its a high value Porsche .. economical motoring it is not, I do 10000 miles a year if I spend £10 a week more on petrol .. that pales into insignificance compared to the depreciation .. and if it doesn't, you bought the wrong car, I just dont understand people buying 60k plus new cars then being cheap and getting the diesel to save a few quid.. each to their own .. drive it enjoy it don't worry about the MPG.
Getting a diesel isn't necessarily about saving a few quid. For an SUV, I feel a torquey diesel engine is better suited to propelling a near 2 tonne motor. I firmly believe the new 3.0 TDI in the SQ5 would be a fantastic motor for the Mk2 Macan; just as powerful as the current petrol V6 in the S but with dollops of torque for effortless mid-range shove. The fact that you don't have to stop off for fuel as often is a bonus :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,