New Macan S MPG?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I the first post in this thread you said that you have not had a Porsche.

Question

Have you driven a Macan?

Usually one test drive and everything goes out the window and it has to be a Porsche.

Macan or Cayenne, well that depends upon which suits your requirements.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Hi Col - we are trying Cayenne accessibility for my wife tomorrow as it happens - and retrying Macan too while we are there - and if they pass I will test drive soon.

But I am not ruled by my heart as much as others - Also I have other interests and money is finite - and i think i may not prioritise a car as much as others - Sadly, you can't exploit a fraction of any car's capabilities on Britain's roads - even shopping carts.

also I don't need a heavy SUV - just a 5 door practical 4 wheel drive car.

I regularly see 911s driving no quicker than my little diesel car in nose-to-tail traffic - and local very narrow, high-hedge and blind-bend roads relying on passing places here in Devon make rapid driving akin to russian roulette with only one chamber empty.

So its not a no brainer - even if i fall in love. ;)

Anyways - we will see.
VanB

Post by VanB »

If I were in Devon I’d be looking at a small 4x4 like an Audi Q3 or VW Tiguan. The Macan is quite large for those narrow roads and a Cayenne would verge on unusable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

I live in Devon and have had no problems on these narrow roads?
Macan SD for four years, now Macan S for ten days
VanB

Post by VanB »

Interesting...
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Thanks guys - it's not an issue for me really - you just drive according to the road type here - same as anywhere - and you get used to it too - and the skill allows you to drive more rapidly elsewhere.

It's not all tiny back-roads here either -

But you always end-up staring at the back of a little red hatchback doing half the speed limit, I think it's the same ghost car that can rematerialise to 50yds back in front of you, the instant you overtake it.

I am just realistic and objective about what driving a fast car is truly like on real roads nowadays - not just here in Devon - but anywhere outside of a track.

Doesn't stop me lusting after a nice car - and they usually happen to be fast.... :D - Which is great

for around 5% of every mile :(
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I live in rural Somerset along single width lanes (although the A36 trunk road is in one direction) and Macan's width is not an issue. In fact plenty of Range Rovers, MLs, large pick ups, Q7s and even a Q8 and a Tesla X share the same local lanes / roads.

The quality and roadability of Porsche SUVs is what will blow you away. Even my better half, who is not a car person, really appreciates the smooth and quiet ride on these less than well surfaced carriageways.

Also the ability to sail up steep hills and despatch slow moving traffic safely and swiftly is s big bonus. Obviously where the conditions are appropriate.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I've just topped up the tank for the first time. Presuming it was full when I started, after 80 urban miles and 200 motorway miles it worked out at 27.1mpg
Paul

Post by Paul »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:12 pm I've just topped up the tank for the first time. Presuming it was full when I started, after 80 urban miles and 200 motorway miles it worked out at 27.1mpg
😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
johnd

Post by johnd »

VanB wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:03 pm If I were in Devon I’d be looking at a small 4x4 like an Audi Q3 or VW Tiguan. The Macan is quite large for those narrow roads and a Cayenne would verge on unusable!
TBH I find the width of the Macan more of an issue when parking.

If you're in a busy car park with only odd spaces free then slotting into the typical 2.4m (or is it narrower than that?) width space and, more importantly, being able to get out comfortably AND guarantee that you can get back in again if the car to your right is replaced with a more badly parked one is not easy. (Of course it's probably less of a problem if you're a wafer-thin 20-year-old :D )
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly